Pacemaker Boats Forum Index Pacemaker Boats
Information exchange on Pacemaker/Aglas Boats

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Our Own Pace,

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pacemaker Boats Forum Index -> Classic Pacemaker Woodies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Our Own Pace, Reply with quote

she's a 1965 34ft sedan with flybridge, purchased 2/02 we immediatly tore out the head and galley counter top's as they were rotted beyond belief and really had a foul odor. bringing her home from willmington ill via the illinois river to the cal sag to lake michigan across to portage ind. once landed we updated the faucet's and head itself, being a plumber i'll take porcelin over plastic anyday.after that we tore out the rotted aft deck area's, opting to leave out the through deck scuttle's as they were part of the problem. access to the below aft end area is easily gained through the salon.at the same time we addressed the transom. we opened both corner's at the aft end removed the rot and rebuilt.we changed the cap design as well,opting to follow the transom's rounded top with no trim board's at the edge's.we felt the trim board's captured water, so a piece of stainless finish's the edge's. last fall refastened the port side below the water line.this spring i ended up replaceing 7 rib's in her starboard aft end.we were able to put in late this season and we did get a good month and a half out of her.with the only problem's being a bad coil port engine, replaced, now i'm getting to expeirence fuel system problem's, i plan on starting from the from the t's where they come to the engine's and go from there. i already had plan's on replaceing all fuel system componet's just not this soon. she has pacer 220 engine's in her you could eat off of.they are original.the only question i have reguarding the power plant's are the carb's.they are rockefeller 4 jet. i'd like to know for certain if they are stock. both have a triangular aluminum tag dated 74. i had thought this may have been a date of rebuild tag but im not sure. the other gremlin is shore power issue but i've tracked that to the panel being shot.she really does need alot more tlc and she'll get it, got all sort's of project's.her 12volt system so far has really been no problem's at all glad to say. it may have been a short season but really very rewarding as well. i'm hopeing 08 to be the first in since the hull is under control. i'm really wanting to get the fuel system done quickly here while im still in,but it does'nt look good. rumor has it they want to be empty before the end of oct. happy to lend any help i may i can say it's alot of fun i dont look at this as work, an 8 bathroom house is alot of work to me.
Terry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pacemaker Boats Forum Index -> Classic Pacemaker Woodies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: