Pacemaker Boats Forum Index Pacemaker Boats
Information exchange on Pacemaker/Aglas Boats

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Literature

View previous topic :: View next topic  
merwin10
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Literature Reply with quote

What I would like to do here is to make specific forums for literature by model and size - If you have something you want to share with the group please let me know and I will make a forum for that model boat -

Mike - Very Happy
Rich P
Swabby
Swabby

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just about alle the wiring diagrams from my 36', I'd just have to scan them in.
-Rich
15' Boston Whaler 70 Yamaha
Yamaha GP760
Sunfish
merwin10
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Wiring diagrams 36' pacemaker - Reply with quote

Rich that would be great if you could do that and post them into the 36' pacemaker forum - We need alll the help we can get to make this site a resouce of all of us - No rush we will be looking for all the literature we can get on all models and there will be a section for each model boat as the need arrises -

Thanks

Mike - Very Happy
Rich P
Swabby
Swabby

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would be the easiest way to post all this info? I would think .pdf 's but how does one do that?
-Rich
15' Boston Whaler 70 Yamaha
Yamaha GP760
Sunfish
merwin10
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Posting Documents Reply with quote

Rich -

Yea .pdf file would be perferred however that would mean that everyone who is going to contribute to the literature forum would have to purchase the Acrobat distiller software - This is the software that makes the .pdf files - So my next recommendation is most computers that have scanners can output as a .jpg file which most document software can handle - So it might be better to use that format.

Hope this helps!

Mike - Wink
neverending

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might suggest a clearinghouse approach. Just have a shared repository that people can upload their images/documents to and then link to it with a sticky message in the literature forum.

Something like ThinkFree Office provides adequate storage and sharing for free and they accept common document formats. I'm sure there are others.
gemini
Swabby
Swabby

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In terms of producing PDFs, while I think JPGs are fine, there is a free tool available for download here if people would rather make PDFs: http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp

They sell some higher-function versions of the product but provide this one for free download, so there's nothing illegal going on here.

I've used it, it works, and appears to cause no ill effects on my system.

You click the "free converter" link to download and install that, then "free download" which installs the virtual print driver. It then works identical to Adobe Acrobat Distiller (which I have on my work PC) - you do File/Print and a printer shows up called "CutePDF Writer" which will build the PDF file after you name it and say where to put it. Unlike Distiller, it does not automatically launch the new file in Acrobat or Reader. You have to go find it in explorer.

I have the Operating and Maintenance Manual and wiring diagram for my 1972 32 Pace, also the original Crusader Technical Manual for the 1972 engines I no longer have. I'll work on getting those ready for upload but they are in book form and my scanner is a sheet feeder - so I guess I have to go out and copy them someplace first. I also have the manual for the original Onan MCCK series generator, which is also gone from my boat, if that would interest anyone. Previous owners seem to have saved all paperwork, even for stuff that was thrown out or replaced.
merwin10
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good - try something for me! Make a file - put it on the disk - go to it right click on the file - a window will open on the bottom is properties - left click on properties - another window will open - just below the file name there is Change button left click on that - Another window will open - scroll down until you see Adobe Acrobat - Left click on it to select it - then press left click OK! close all windows!

Now go back to the folder with the file in it - left click twice and see if it will automagically open in acrobat - it should providing the extension is .pdf .

Let me know!

Mike - Wink
gemini
Swabby
Swabby

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I understand what you are suggesting - I was not saying the pdf file would not automatically launch Acrobat Reader when double clicked. That happens thanks to the filetype association installed with Acrobat Reader. What I was saying is that if you have the full Acrobat and use the Distiller printer to create a pdf, Acrobat normally wakes up and launches itself opening the new pdf, without you clicking anything. And with the CutePDF tool, that does not happen. I was just trying to point out the differences for anyone familiar with Acrobat. But the file launches just fine.

Or maybe I've misunderstood your post.
merwin10
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No you did not misunderstand - I misunderstod what you where saying - Sorry -

Mike - Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pacemaker Boats Forum Index -> General note All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: