Pacemaker Boats Forum Index Pacemaker Boats
Information exchange on Pacemaker/Aglas Boats

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Our Own Pace

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Our Own Pace Reply with quote

new site, new boat name, new ownership, why not,, all sort's of new toward's the end of 2006 here, my partner and i had sense parted way's in ownership in august he signed the title over to me ,hence the renaming from the maylyn. the admiral and i settled on Our Own Pace, it's very fitting for us. she is a 1965 34ftr wooden hulled sedan with flybridge. we have our little skipper zippy{chrissy,beagel} and molly mate { molly, blk lab mix} for our crew and they both really enjoy the water, the little skipper cannot get enough of the spray from a hull and the molly mate love's to stare off the transom at the dock. well glad to be here glad to see someone else does care enough, thanx mike,
merwin10
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Welcome aboard! Reply with quote

Welcome aboard! Xccentrc40

Glad you were able to find us - Well here we all are and looking forward to continuing our favorite past time talking about our boats and passing on our experience - Glad to have you aboard!

Mike - Very Happy
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey terry, Welcome aboard! I always wanted to ask some who boated with a dog what do you do when the dog has to do his business? Did you have to paper train them like a puppy?
The reason I'm asking is I love dogs and would love to have a dog for a crewmate but didnt know what to do about the dogs bathroom needs.
changeofpace (also a Terry)
Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey,

so far so good ,no accident's. the longest run out we had this season was 6 hour's.and yes they were the 2nd and 3rd crew member's off at the dock. but they both have grown acustom to our work routine so an afternoon out is'nt to bad. over-nighting which we did from her being in the sling's was just like at home.do have to do the poo pick up at the marina but no biggie. but hey really if your going with a puppy gonna be about the same thing ya face at home.i have seen all sorts of training aids ,but as you know add the word marine and the price jump's a $100. i would think any pet store could supply a training mat of some sort. might be handy to have on board for the little beggers really.
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I was thinking of going with a puppy because I thought if it was around boats its whole life it wouldnt be a problem. I've had dogs before which were afraid to ride in cars because they had only riden in cars to go to the vet. If its a puppy, then it would grow up with rocking boats and such. having a young puppy on board would be a handful sometimes while fishing, so I still have to convince the other half as she would be looking after it when I'm driving and going away on business Sad
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

handfull indeed, fortunatly for the admiral and i the salon become's a kind of dog house for them when we're underway for the most part. they don't argue either, the first thing they do is get comfortable on the sofa. we dont allow them forward on deck, {one of momma's rules}. but like you say raising a puppy it would learn to stay on board. yes just what we need more to pay attention to on board. but worth it.
leokow

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome home,Xccentrc40,glad to see you could find us,and thanks for joining in.

I have a little spaniel that never grew up all the way, and she's only 20 lbs.10 yrs.old nowand her name is "Jessie". She used to love to go fishing with me on our 19 ft. bowrider,cause she could stand on the front seat with her paws up on the front rail and let the wind blow in her face , i was a little funny looking though, her big floppy ears would stand out and she resembled the flying nun.On most days she would amuse herself by chasing a piece of ice around the deck for hours,when it would melt out I'd just give her another piece. I never had to deal with the bathroom problem ,though,she just never expressed the desire while we were out,as soon as we got back she'd make a mad dash for her spot and do her thing. About 6 or so years ago we got suprised by a thunderstorm and it took us 4 hours to go the same distance as it used to take 30 minutes to go to get back to the dock. With water coming over the bow and her not able to keep her footing,she was very upset ,spent the rest of the trip on my lap til we got back to the dock. Needless to say she's not a boat dog anylonger, I've tried a few times to bring her out a little at a time but she has a memory like an elephant she just won't forget that one trip.If we call to her while standing on the dock,she'll run to the house. She 's like that with my jeep too, had a little fender bender in that a log time ago and she'll ride in any car but that one. I have too say, I do miss her on the little boat,as far as the pacemaker,she never wanted to be on that one, I guess because there was no place she could stand to look out over the water.Anyway..nice having you back....Leo Very Happy
Tide the Knot
Swabby
Swabby

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a three year old Doberman named Mako. My wife and I made sure we got him in the spring so he could get used to the boat at an early age. Living on the boat at the time, and potty training the dog at the marina one thing I can suggest is when you know the puppy has to go to carry him/her to the parking lot to go. If they starting going on the dock, it is tough to brake them of the habit, and is very aggravating to your neighbors. It doesn't take long and they get the hint.
Our boating experience has been so enjoyable with the dog. I would not have it any other way.
-Andy
Tide the Knot
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pacemaker Boats Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: