Pacemaker Boats Forum Index Pacemaker Boats
Information exchange on Pacemaker/Aglas Boats

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cabin Fever

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pacemaker Boats Forum Index -> Boating in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawn_carlson
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject: Cabin Fever Reply with quote

The first day of spring is a couple weeks away (cabin fever has set in). Any planned projects before launch? Launch Dates?

The good news is that it seems that my prelaunch checklist is pretty short this year. Couple coats of paint up top, cap off an old salt water wash down, and the usual annual maintanence. I'm hoping to get in by May.

Moved to a new marina (close the old one, but a lot less expensive). Looking forward to seeing how the new place turns out.

I hope everyone had a good offseason.

Shawn
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well for me the winter brought mixed feelings and the news that we might not have all of the slips up river starting this fall because the state is going to rebuild the highway bridge that goes over the river. Since we lease the river rights from the state, we now are on a month to month lease. Moving the boat elsewhere in this economy is not an option as slip rates are 3 times what I'm currently paying at my club. My best options are to use the boat this year then try and downsize to one I can launch myself. I cant see having the boat sit after all of the work I did to it. If the economy prevents the state from starting the bridge work, I might get another year to use the boat, but sooner or later the work will start. As for work on the boat, its mostly normal stuff, change the zincs, plugs, wires and oil. Check the cables and lubricate them. I started stripping all of the layers of white paint off of the swim platform and need to finish that. Launching starts here on April 1st, so not much time left to boating season!!!!
shawn_carlson
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terry,

I'm sorry to hear about your slip. Hopefully you can get a few more seasons out of her.

Sounds like you may get in before me, good luck.

Shawn
rebait

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gents,

My main project this year is to change my exhaust manifolds, risers, elbows and all of the hardware. The budget ran short when doing the engine and it is now time. Terry I know how you feel about your club and losing your docks. I can name a few that no longer exist because of bridge projects or what is common in NJ, "REDEVELOPEMENT" where the developers make the money and everyone else looses. Shawn, may it all work out smooth and nothing needs attention. I am looking for a mid April launch.

John
shawn_carlson
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy as long as she floats. Everything after that is a plus.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pacemaker Boats Forum Index -> Boating in General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: