Pacemaker Boats Forum Index Pacemaker Boats
Information exchange on Pacemaker/Aglas Boats

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Friday/Sat report for New Haven

View previous topic :: View next topic  
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Friday/Sat report for New Haven Reply with quote

Did no have to go far to catch fish in fact we did not even have to leave the river. Started snagging bunker for bait Friday night and the blues were hitting them as soon as we snagged them. If we did not get the bunker in quickly, all we would have left were bunker chunks on the snagging hooks. If we threw the chunks back in, the blues hit hard. We ended up fishing right in the middle of the river for about 2 hours, then followed the boiling water up river as far as we could. Sat. morning the blues had the bunker pinned in between the boat ramp and the bulkhead so we just fished from the ramp and the docks. al in all we got more blues than we knew what to do with and ended up giving some away
rebait

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terry,

That is a very good story to get the blood pumping for the next trip. My son and I are planning to hit Barnegat Bay in search of weakfish in the morning. If we come up empty handed with weakies, I hope we hook into some blues for some action. My luck it will be a possible record FLUKE that will have to be released.

John
rebait

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunday, September 21,2008, Barnegat Bay, N.J.: Left at 5:30am in the dark and fog. Caught many small black sea bass, blues and FLUKE???
Terry, like I said in my post last night, "With my luck" but it wasn't a possible world's record. I landed and released a 21.5" fluke. We had numerous other fluke also, but they were smaller. NO WEAKFISH!!
Back at 9:30.

John
leokow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back to NJ today(thurs.)John, been tied up with my favorite people again(DRS>) and the wind has been rotten so it's work around the house for a few days I guess. I went to do a little fishing in the lagoon behind the house and to my suprise I went to my live well to get some peanut bunker of witch there were about 100 when I went to Philly last week and to my suprise I found 2.! about an hour later I found my bait thief. It was one of those slim diving birds that roam up and down the lagoon and dive down to catch food and stay under for about a minute. My live well pen is 3 feet across,4ft. deep and this sucker would jump up and down on the lid until it went into the pen, then he would get into the pen and dive and eat until he almost couldn't fly away . It was really facinating to watch , I had just gotten a netful of bunker and dropped them in to try to fish with tonite and started working around the yard and he landed on the bow of the small boat then proceeded over to the live well and did his thing. It happened to my twice last year and I never did figure out how the peanuts disappeared. Now the mystery is solved, there must be 5000 peanuts going up and down the lagoon and he has to eat the few dozen that I managed to catch. Gotta get rid of that black cloud that keeps following me around!!LOL
rebait

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is one slick bird. I just got home and boy is the wind cranking here also. Sunday may be the only day to get out.

John
rebait

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got out for a little this afternoon. Cabin fever was getting me, so my son and I took The Wahoo out mainly for a ride in between the rain and fog. We brought the light trolling rods and a couple of spinng rods to have some fun with the small bluefish in the bay. Caught and released a number of small blues and called it a day.

John
leokow

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went down to my dock in the rain the other night, to see what was running up and down the lagoon. I managed to pick up 1 blue,released, and 3 nice weakies and haven't caught a thing since. The only thing good about catching them from the dock is not using any gas !! But the bite quit as fast as it started. Maybe we'll have a half decent weekend and be able to go out for a while.
rebait

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leo,

It is supposed to be beautiful this weekend. Too bad that I have to work on Saturday. I will be out early on Sunday. The weakfish in the lagoon is a great sign.

Tight Lines
John
leokow

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to run up to Phila.again on Wed. & Thurs. (DRS> again) but I'm hoping to get back on Fri. in time to get ready for some weekend action.
Hopefully the weather will co-operate. I'll let you know how things go.
leokow

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick line, I had to stay in Philly over the weekend and naturally it's just beautiful outside, of course I don't know what's going on 60 miles to the East, but I'll find out soon enough. I got a call Fri. morn. that they had a new appointment opening on Monday,instead of Thurs. if I wanted it, so I decided to take it and skip the drive back and forth within a couple of days, I'm getting tired of this drive , but my living situation is going to dictate that I must continue it for the forseable future. Good luck if you get out this weekend, I'm really hoping the weakies begin to show up, usually at this time of the year the weakies and croakers mix together down around wreck inlet in about 30 ft. of water, it hasn't happened for the past couple of years but there have been a lot more weaks around this year, so I'm hoping they'll be around there when I get a chance to run down there. Talk to you later....again, hope you get out...Leo
rebait

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saturday, Oct. 4,2008: My wife called me at work around 1pm and suggested that since it was a nice day, as soon as I got home to go fishing for a couple of hours and then we could go out to dinner. I read in the Fisherman that weakfish were caught between the BB and BI bouys. My son and I headed out at 4:50pm. No weakfish, just bluefish. Back at 7pm.
Sunday, Oct. 5,2008: Left at 5:15am. No weakfish, just bluefish. Back at 9:45. At least we didn't "git skunked." My wife said that this was my worst year for weakfish and she really wanted to make weakfish cakes. I told her that maybe I should stay home and just go fishing instead of working. She told me that retirement is 4years away.

Tight Lines,

John
merwin10
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be happy that she lets you go fishing! She could be complaining about the honey-do list!

Mike - Laughing
rebait

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

I am pretty much on top of the honey-do list. She wants to do some major renovations to the house, including a remodeling the kitchen, both bathrooms plus a crazy idea about adding a bathroom off our bedroom. That is what happens when she can't sleep (I tell her it is a guilty conscience from treating me rotten. She replies that she is the best thing that happened to me and we keep on teasing each other.) and she watches those home improvement shows all night. I told her that we should hire someone and let next years OT pay for it. If only I can find a way to have nothing but fishing shows and Ship Shape on when she can't sleep. Then she would suggest other cooler things to do to the boats.
Back to fishing: Word is that stripers are starting, but it is hit or miss.

Tight Lines,
John
rebait

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunday, October 12, 2008: After leaving at 5:00 this morning to catch the tide and not catching 1 weakfish, my son and I officially closed our weakfish season for 2008. We played with some small blues in the bay and were back at the dock at 8:30. The good part is that The Wahoo is running great and we are ready to switch gears and target stripers and blues.

Tight Lines,

John
rebait

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunday, 10/19/2008: Due to the high winds, no fishing this weekend. My neighbor went out on Wednesday looking for stripers and they caught blues to 15lbs and his nephew caught a big fluke that was released.

Tight Lines,
John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pacemaker Boats Forum Index -> Fishing All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: