Pacemaker Boats Forum Index Pacemaker Boats
Information exchange on Pacemaker/Aglas Boats

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LABOR DAY 2008

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rebait

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: LABOR DAY 2008 Reply with quote

Labor Day, 09/01/08: Crew: My son John & I. Left at 5:30, caught the end of the outgoing tide. Started with croakers, then we were invaded by black sea bass, and a sea robbin. Ran out of sandworms and tide. Back by 7:30.
Has anybody else been out?

John
leokow

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, I was out with my buddy and our significant others, trying to pick some fluke. I got 1, my admiral got 3, my buddy 2 and his admiral 0-...we are both up for court marshal. I've been on vacation at my favorite hotel since then , just got out yesterday(8th) Fitz. Mercy Hosp., they just love me there!!!I've got so many damn DR. appointments and medical stuff to do that I'll be lucky if I make striper season.LOL. I have to laugh about it or I'll cry.
rebait

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No fishing for me this weekend because of the storm, work related. The Wahoo faired well. I hope everyone came out as well.

John
leokow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's hoping that a bunch of fish come in to make up for the worst fluke season I've ever had !!!
I'm assuming that most of us got wiped out last weekend so the fluke season for all practical purposes ended on Friday the 5th.
so far the weather is supposed to be iffy this weekend, I'm hoping that will change for the better. I would still really like to get 1 more inshore tuna trip in before the bad weather really sets in, the word is they have been really nailing them at the spot I went to with my son in law when I got skunked, hopefully within the next 2 weeks I'll get to try once again.
For now I'll just have to settle for croakers, sea bass and bluefish, at least that's something to look forward too.
rebait

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leo,

The weather does not look promising right now for the weekend. I know that I have to work Saturday and maybe Sunday, at least on call. I may get a trip in if I come home early enough and the weather is good on Saturday. Croakers, sea bass and bluefish are fun on light tackle.

John
leokow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a DRS. appointment first thing in the morning(of course, what else is new) and after that I'm heading back down to NJ. The weather forcast keeps changing and now it looks like Fri. and Sat. might be OK and Sun. and Mon. the wash out. We'll see, but I am definitely going to give it a try.

DILEMMA::What to do in the unlikely event that I catch a 10 lb. fluke.??
Any suggestions ?
PS.. the commercials are still fishing and their limit is 14 inches!!!
rebait

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leo,

I know that this is tough, but, I make sure that I brought my digital camera, snapped a picture for proof and released him. Once the powers to be bag you with an illegal fish, they always stop and check you. I have never been caught with an illegal fish and I can't remember the last time they stopped me but I hear people complaining all the time. I have been fishing and got the wave when someone else 50yds away is checked. It still does not make me feel good about it but what are we to do?

John
leokow

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with you John, even though it breaks my heart to do it, I hate unfair regulations, that's why I joined RFA and tell as many people as I can about it. They are one of the best organizations around for fighting for our fishing rights and they are based right here in New Gretna. I have to admit ,though, I hear more and more disgruntled fisherman saying that unless things begin to get on more of an even keel they are about to say the hell with it all and do as they please, they are tired of sitting around doing what they are supposed to and just watching things get worse. Oh well, heres to better times.....later...Leo
rebait

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No fishing for me this weekend. Saturday I had to work and Sunday my son had a paintball tournament that I took him to. For those of you who went out, I hope that you had a great time and caught your limit.

Leo, I could not agree with you more.

John
leokow

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't have any luck on saturday and didn't bother at all on Sunday.
I bought a chum log and if things are settled down on Mon. or Tues. I'm going to anchor over by the old fish factory with the small boat and see if I can wrangle up some blowfish and kingfish on some light tackle. There seems to be a lot more blow fish up in Barnegat than here in great bay, I don't know why , winter flounder is like that too. I need to look around like when I was a kid and find some holes around here, I know that there are some I just have to apply some of that kid curiosity and find them.
rebait

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leo,

If I could get off from work, I would join you. We did real well with kingfish this year. Blowfish, I have not caught one all year. My neighbor and his father in law target kingfish and blowfish and they do real well. I hope that you do well.

John
leokow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we've been trying to get together of and on for two years now and the Gods keep conspiring against us..LOL I can guarantee you this, the first chance we get next season , we will fish together, somewhere. God willing.
rebait

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will second that. Maybe we can make one of the boat shows or just meet up when things slow down.
leokow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like a winning idea , John. We'll work on that and see if we can make it happen....Leo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pacemaker Boats Forum Index -> Fishing All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: