Pacemaker Boats Forum Index Pacemaker Boats
Information exchange on Pacemaker/Aglas Boats

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

506 area code calls

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pacemaker Boats Forum Index -> Non - Boating Related
View previous topic :: View next topic  
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: 506 area code calls Reply with quote

There is a new scam happening right now with a company or persons using the 506 area code making calls at all hours of the day and night. These calls show up on your caller ID with the 506 area code and several other numbers like 224-16690 or 223-47810 it doesnt matter which number but one thing is the same and that is the fact that there are 11 numbers shown on the caller Id. Normal phone numbers only have 10 digits. The reason for them using the 506 area code is its from New Brunswick Canada. Canadian calls do not have to follow the US do not call list. Government agencies tracking this number scam do not believe the calls originate from Canada but are generated by a computer (yes anyone with a computer and some programming knowledge can make whatever they want show up on your caller ID)
The caller will identify themselves as your car warranty renewal company and that it is due or they will say they can give you a lower rate on your credit card. HANG UP AND PRESS *57 This will put a trace on the REAL phone number and that number will be put on your phone bill so you can turn it over to the authorities. Under no circumstances give them any information including your name and address. If you do get the call ask them who they are or what is your name and they will hang up.
The *57 is not free but it will stop these people. I have had several call from them starting at 3 am last night on my cell phone. When I called to file a complaint I was informed about what I posted. Fellow members Take care and hopefully, no one will get hit
Terry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pacemaker Boats Forum Index -> Non - Boating Related All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: