Pacemaker Boats Forum Index Pacemaker Boats
Information exchange on Pacemaker/Aglas Boats

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1974 Pacemaker 40

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Allie
Swabby
Swabby

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: 1974 Pacemaker 40 Reply with quote

Just adding my 2 cents. Bout the only 2 I got left since I bought the P40.....*S*.....

On the P40 the entire aft portion of the salon is made up of 4 hatches. Two smaller ones in the center and two BIG ones over the motors. THe smaller ones allow acces to check the batteries and oil port and starboard. There is also a smaller hatch forward to access the generator battery and a larger one forward/port to access the generator. That makes a total of SIX hatches in the salon floor. However, we had a great carpeter and you can hardly see them with new carpet.

My reason to replace the waste was because the factory tank was a large Goodyear ballon about to break and non-functional. I had installed a 55gal poly tank and Vacuflush heads. Works great now!

The original fresh tank was copper and it leaked. The water would leak to the forward bilge. I had it replaced with a 90gal poly. Getting to the old tank was hell. The entire center floorboard between the engines had to be torn out and the copper tank cut away in sections. A new floorboard was installed. New tank works great.

As a side note the factroy refrigerator gave out but I found a great replacement. I ordered an Avanti FF512PS from Homeeverything or Crate&Home. Platinum color. and FROSTFREE!. It's a little smaller but we love it.

Pete
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pacemaker Boats Forum Index -> Plumbing All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: