Pacemaker Boats Forum Index Pacemaker Boats
Information exchange on Pacemaker/Aglas Boats

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

De-winterizing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawn_carlson
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: De-winterizing Reply with quote

If I recall most of us were split as to store the gas tanks full or empty. I started up the boat over the weekned (stored with full tanks of gas). The engines ran a little rough and hard start, but a little carb cleaner and everything was good to go. The carbs were dirty towards the end of last season, so I expected a slight problem with the startup (waiting to get the rebuilt carbs back, spare set). Also, changed some fuel filters and the gas looked good as well.

How did everyone else make out? Empty or full?
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I left mine as they were about 1/2 full each tank. Shut the pet-cock off and nothing else. When I went to start them, I drained the lines and the gas looked good, so I turned them over and they fired after a few turns. Smoked for about 30 seconds as the marvel mystery oil burned off, but they purred like a kitten. No water was in the separators, no gel like goo, nothing. Was I lucky? or was it the fact we had a mild winter?
rebait

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is GOOD NEWS. I had to work again this past weekend and I have not touch neither boat yet. This is late for me. Last year I did not have a problem, but I did not use the Wahoo, the engine took longer because of time constraints (work again) I did not finish until late in the season and the W word again. I want to see the condition of the ethanol fuel. It was stored with stabilizer and Startron so I hope for the best. I will let you know when I prep the boats and I hope soon. I don't see any problems with the 18'.

John
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to mention I used stabil in the gas. I was worried since usually add it and take the boat for a quick spin to mix it up but the boat was already out of the water
pole position
Land lubber
Land lubber

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, splashed mine saturday. Engines fired up and are running good. I put her away last fall with about 3/4 tanks of gas and put E- zorb. This is the 2nd year using this product and it seems to work well. B
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pacemaker Boats Forum Index -> Mechanical All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: