Pacemaker Boats Forum Index Pacemaker Boats
Information exchange on Pacemaker/Aglas Boats

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tackle Storage

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rebait

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Tackle Storage Reply with quote

With all the choices on "Tackle Storage Systems", What do you prefer? This is a big business and recently I received a survey on what I prefer and what changes I would want. My favorite and the system that I use is the hip roof cantilever box. I have used this type for many years. I like this best because in the catilever trays I store my loose hooks and terminal and smaller lures. They are easy to see and access. In the bottom of the box I store a plastic storage box with plastic artificials, my pretied rigs in plastic lunch bags, plus pliers and misc. "must haves". My son prefers the soft sided system with organizer boxes. It is all personal preferance.
Let's hear what YOU prefer. I am sure that everyone has their own likes and dislikes. Maybe we all can benefit from someone else's ideas.

John
merwin10
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well to be trueful I perfer my tackle cabinet but I do most large species and the lures just don't fit in a box! It has eight large long draws and a double cabinet that stores the terminal tackle and 4 fighting belts and harnesses. I have about a dozen different trains, squid rigs stored in 4" PVC tubes in the cabinet.

I guess if I had to choose a tackle box it would be a multi-draw fold down front with a flip top deep enough to store a spinning reel or two and assorted large tools like pilers and a single blade knife. Maybe some larger lures that did not fit in the lower draws.

I am just not one for tackle storage boxes I just like my tackle work station! It has a small sink with hot and cold fresh water for cleaning you up and a salt water wask for the fish with a large enough cutting area for all but the largest fish!

Besides I designed it for my needs so I better like it!

Mike - Rolling Eyes
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 2 deep tackle boxes that hold all my gear. I used to have 1 large cloth box with many of the clear boxes inside, but this meant pulling out all of the clear boxes to find the right one. Now the 2 boxes are set-up so that hooks,swivels and such are in one and lures are in the 2nd.
rebait

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

Your tackle station sounds like it fits your needs to a T. I keep certain items on each boat, but there are certain items that I use between the 2 boats. I use plastic milk crate style crates to stow my larger lures such as bunker spoons by grinding notches around the top for the hooks to set in and hanging them toward the inside.

Terry,

My father went the route with the plastic cases, but he would not admit to it being hard to find what he was looking for. I used to tease him and tell him that that big case was higher than the Empire State Building.

John
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, It used to be a pain to find the right plastic case even when clear you still had to pull them out to look for the right stuff. Now I know which box holds which and its faster to get what I want. I might add a third box to hold some of the little used things or to separate by type of fishing I want to do.
3 boxes should fit but maybe easier to just clean out some of the older gear. Last count, I have 7 poles of various types on board and 2 more in my garage. I also have 4 reels between the 2 boxes as back-ups all because I cant throw anything out!!!
Terry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pacemaker Boats Forum Index -> Fishing All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: