Pacemaker Boats Forum Index Pacemaker Boats
Information exchange on Pacemaker/Aglas Boats

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Restoring '69 flybridge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pacemaker Boats Forum Index -> Classic Pacemaker Woodies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
captwoody
Land lubber
Land lubber

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Restoring '69 flybridge Reply with quote

I'm trying to restore a '69 flybridge. I've had all kinds of problems! My main now are my starter got wet on my port cummins 470 diesel so I'm
trying to test before I but new. I've also got electrical problems so could
use any electrical advice/diagrams anyone may have. Thank you all so
much!
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard! I have a gas powered Pacemaker so hopefully the wiring is close to yours. Lets start with your electrical problems, find a good ground and hook your volt meters - wire to it. Starter circuit hopefully is as mine. red wire is positive so it should have voltage when you put the + wire from the voltmeter, the Ignition solenoid switch is yellow and should give a reading when the switch is all the way to start position, brown and orange are the ignition toggle and should show a reading when the switch is on position. The white wires are your grounds. This would be a great place to start since thats where most problems are. Take each white wire off and clean the connections. If you can find the opposite end of the wire check the resistance of the wire, high resistance means a bad wire.
For the starter, can you put it on the starter circuit of the stbd engine? You dont have to mount it, just hook the wires to it and hook a ground wire to the starter casing. Hit the key and see if the motor engages and the gear spins. It should be a sealed motor and solenoid so if anything is broken it shouldnt be too bad. If you cant hook it to the other engine, hook a wire from the big lug on the solenoid and the + side of your battery,ground the starter casing and then jump the solenoid and see if the motor kicks if it does then it should be good.
merwin10
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:37 am    Post subject: Captwoody Reply with quote

Hi Tim -

Nice to see you got on! Tim is a new member and bought a woody up here in BUZZARDS BAY, and drove it to the Carolina's. Had a eventful trip to say the least! he probably would call it something other than enventful! he has been communicating with me by landline. When I told him about our site he needs our help! You all know the drill, a owner that works on his boat is a beeter boater for sure!

How is the starter doing! Most likely needs some repair!

Tim, Got all the electrical issues fixed! except the head!

Did you find the fuse to the ratitan head. If not you need to take your meter and at the switch see if you have 12volts. Use that long negative wire to attach to negative back at the battery or any where else you are sure that negative is at. Once you confirm that you have 12 volts at the switch then check negative at the head motor. Do this by attaching the positive leadof the meter to where you found 12 volts at the switch and take the negative lead and touch the case or negative wire going into the head motor. Got negative at the motor now check the switch, might be bad, hook the neagtive lead of the meter to the place you just confirmed negative on the motor and the positive lead to the out side of the switch confirm 12 volts. Now one more place, leave the negative lead on the motor where you confirmed it earily and take the positive lead and touch the positive wire on the head motor push the switch and you should see 12 volts. If you confirm both negative and positive at the head motor and it still isnot working then the motor is bad replace it.

Well I hope this all helps! I am sure the members would like to hear from you, Tim!

Mike -
captwoody
Land lubber
Land lubber

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much, again, Mike, and forum! I am going to try these things
this afternoon. I don't know if this happens often, or if it's just me, but
when I printed these pages at the library, it showed the whole page but
cut off some of the text on both sides. I asked the helper here and she
didn't know how to fix. I just "wrote in" missing words/letters to complete
my instructions. I'm eternally grateful to ya'll and hope to be of some help
in the future!! Tim
rebait

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim,

Welcome aboard and I wish you the best with your classic. There isn't much that this team can't figure out. If you see something and you have an idea or know of a solution, just jump in.

John
merwin10
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tim - Did you get the Magaciter manual ok? Hope it helps!

OK! on the printer of the page the way to fix this using Windows Internet explorer is to go to page setup in the file menu - then select printer - another window will open - select properties - another window will open it has three tabs select setup tab. Down on the bottom right there is a check box that says scale to fit - click on the box to check IT - this turns on the to command to fit the message to the paper being used. Another window will open select - scale to fit paper in device - then just OK yourself out to the screen- 4 OK's - Now when you print the page it will all fit on the paper in the printer with no missing words!

See we can even help you with the computer!

Catch Ya!

Mike -
captwoody
Land lubber
Land lubber

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Thanks, John. Reply with quote

rebait wrote:
Tim,

Welcome aboard and I wish you the best with your classic. There isn't much that this team can't figure out. If you see something and you have an idea or know of a solution, just jump in.

John

Thanks,John. I've really got my hands full and I sure do appreciate the
forum's most generous help! I'll be in touch soon but I'm on the way to
work on the old girl right now and test some of Mike's advice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pacemaker Boats Forum Index -> Classic Pacemaker Woodies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: