Pacemaker Boats Forum Index Pacemaker Boats
Information exchange on Pacemaker/Aglas Boats

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

latest on Danielle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pacemaker Boats Forum Index -> For the Good of the Order
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leokow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: latest on Danielle Reply with quote

I can't say enough about the people on this site, thank you all, seems so insuficient, but what else can I say , THANK YOU ALL, from the bottom of my heart. Things are looking up a bit, first ..the appointment on the 23rd of Jan. worked out fine and we got to eliminate the weekly 150 mile trips to the Gainesville Burn unit. They said that she was doing the therapy so well on her own that she can continue to do it herself, that will save us a lot of pain and aggravation, not to mention gas. It seems as though all of the grafts are taking,thank God, and a lot of the discoloration is beginning to fade away, naturally she wants this all to happen yesterday, but it will still take about 18 months, and that is something that she is having a hard time dealing with, however there was a nice milestone last nite before I left to return to Philly. I had to bring her to the pharmacy and the super market to pick up some things while I was away and for the first time she seemed comfortable enough to go without trying to cover up the discoloration on her face and neck with make up, and for the women reading this you know that is a major deal, I was extremely proud of her and after a short while she just went about her business and didn't let it bother her, as least as far as I could see. So that was a really big mental step. We return to Gainesville on the 13th of Feb. and we'll see what they have to say then. Thanks and God bless you all....Leo
Morning Wood
Swabby
Swabby

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is truely fantastic news. You guys deserve something to perk up the spirits. Prayers sure do work!!
Jim Very Happy
leokow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry It's been awhile since I last spoke of Danielles' progress. Day by Day and hill by hill , she's getting there ,the last visit to the burn center on Feb. 13th. turned out well, found out that the incredible itching she's been going thru is to be expected and the better news is there's medication to help cope with it. That would have been nice to know at the last visit before she went thru a month of hell but if that's the biggest mistake these Drs. make I'll be pretty happy.She is starting to look better in a lot of ways but of course she thinks she looks like Frankenstein. This healing of the head is going to take a whole lot longer than the physical injuries. Thank you all , again, for all the cards and prayers they are greatly appreciated and needed. Talk to you all later ...Leo
Tide the Knot
Swabby
Swabby

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leo,
I have been away from the site for a few months due some some family issues of my own. I am so, so sorry for the events that have unrolled before you and your family. My best goes out to your daughter on a speeding recovery. To you as well, it is certainly devistating to see one of your own in such a postition. Hang in there and God Bless.
-Andy
leokow

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy, I hope all is going well for you and yours too. Things are getting better , if ever so slowly....Leo
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leo, Tell your daughter that people who judge people by the way they look are shallow people and dont really matter in her life. Real beauty comes from with-in a person. Peoples actions and deeds are what define a person, not the packaging
Terry
leokow

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Terry, I tell her that type of thing all the time but when she looks in that mirror it's really hard to make her believe that things will get better each day. Today has been an especially down day for her, I don't know exactly why, the weather here was 80 deg. and up north she new it was miserable and snowing.The only thing I can think of is it's getting closer to the time for me to return to the Philly,NJ area for good and that seems to be weighing on her alot. I may have to try to break the final return into smaller increments instead of just going with no definite date of returning, I think that just may be too much for her to handle all at one time. Her daughter's spring break is in a few weeks and maybe I can convince her to come up north for a while and then I'll return down here for a while longer it might make things a little easier. Nice hearing from you Terry, talk to you later....Leo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pacemaker Boats Forum Index -> For the Good of the Order All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: