Pacemaker Boats Forum Index Pacemaker Boats
Information exchange on Pacemaker/Aglas Boats

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EVERYONE>>>How did you do this season ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
leokow

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: EVERYONE>>>How did you do this season ? Reply with quote

Hey guys, how about you spend a couple of minutes letting us all know how your season went the year ? Besides fing out how the fishing went over a large area, we can get some posts on the site, come on guys if we don't use it , we're gonna lose it.
shawn_carlson
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as fishing goes. I pretty much gave up on fluking due to the new regs. Hoping to head out the next few weekends to test my luck with the stripers. Did pretty good with the blues (not much to that). Caught a couple weakfish.

Overall, spent a lot of time working on the boat and not nearly enough time fishing. Better luck next year.

Last edited by shawn_carlson on Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt get to fish as much as in past years, but I did finally get to go tuna fishing. Like Leo, I am always sad when the season ends and cant wait until I pull the cover back off and get ready for another season/ I'm wondering if we have a warm winter will the big fish still be there early next year or not. Seems like this year the runs were early and stayed a little later than normal
merwin10
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only went out six times and never got skunked - Best trip was down to the dump SE corner caught our limit on tuna, Stripers, and dolphin fish couple of nice bullheads.

Planned on a canyon trip but it never happened! Waters were not warm enough to warrent the trip! Fuel cost are to great to chance a trip like that!

As for fluke the season was cut short as was several other species. Seems like the seasons are shorter and shorter each year!

Mike -
rebait

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This season had to be one of the craziest ever. I never caught so many Bluefish, not that that were monsters, but they were in Barnegat Bay in great numbers all summer. Weakfishing was good, but not the numbers or size as compared to 2004. Stripers are off to a slow start this fall. Too bad I won't get a chance to go. I just finished winterizing the boats yesterday. Fluke is another story. All the nice ones were caught after the legal season. I never saw so many BIG FLUKE in OCTOBER. Now it is time to work on tackle maint. and dreaming and planning for next spring.

John
shawn_carlson
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,

You and Leo are making me a little nervous. I was planning to get another couple weeks out of the boating season. Here's to keeping my fingers crossed that the weather holds up.

Shawn
rebait

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shawn,

I normally put the boat away around Thanksgiving, depending on the weather. This year we are so busy at work that I have work almost every Saturday since July. The work load is only getting bigger. I also have a number of family commitments and I have not been out for over a month it was time to put them away for the winter. Good luck. The stripers should be hitting strong any day now.

Tight Lines,

John
shawn_carlson
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully one of those days will be this Saturday or Sunday.

Shawn
merwin10
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not this weekend up on Cape Cod! Rian and wind Thursday thru Sunday! Still need to finish winterization.

Mike -
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pacemaker Boats Forum Index -> Fishing All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: