Pacemaker Boats Forum Index Pacemaker Boats
Information exchange on Pacemaker/Aglas Boats

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

July 8 Update

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rebait

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: July 8 Update Reply with quote

Left at 4:30 am. Found a POD of bunker. Had to be a mile long. Snagged a dozen and a half or so. Live lined them, dropped the heads to the bottom, trolled: spoons, umbrellas,plugs. Not even a bluefish under them. We have plenty of crab bait. All my neighbors did the same, but I was home at 10:00 and worked on the Wahoo. My one neighbors stayed out to 3:00 and caught what we all caught, except for his nasty sunburn, but the rest of them were home around noon. Had the engine purring in the Wahoo. Spent most of the day tracing and repairing all the wiring modifications through the years. One owner LOVED yellow wires. My favorite so far is the ground wire that makes a complete loop back to the same stud. I am off this week and I am hoping to hook up with the BIGGEN and have the Wahoo ready to be launched by next week. THINK WEAKFISH AND BASS.

Tight Lines, John
leokow

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work , John, shame you had to use all that gas for crab bait!!!

We went out at 7AM Saturday morn . fished little egg reef , nothing but sharks and skates, big ones. Moved north to garden state south and , bingo, picked up 6 nice fluke from 17 1/4 to 20 inches and one 16 1/2 throw back , not a bad day back to barn by 2:30.
Went to the great bay marina this afternoon to see what some of the charters brought back , one was full of nice sea bass and the other with 6 guys on her had 30 beautiful fluke, of course no locations, everything is top secret around here.
I'm going to give weakies a try later in the week , up in the Mullica, I'll let you know how I make out...Leo
rebait

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leo,

The report that I am getting is that they probably caught the sea bass & fluke at the Garden State Reef. Tommorrow I will be searching the Bay for weakies. Today it is off to the Ford Dealer to discuss with the zone warranty rep on acceptable differential noise on my wife's Exploder or is that Explorer. I am bringing the 3 TSBs on the differential. I would rather be fishing.
John
leokow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame about the wife's car, if there's 3 tsb's on the rear , then they know there is a problem, they just don't want to deal with it , money, money, money, no wonder the japs are kicking our ass. All those men we lost in wwII and they go and win the war 50 years later without firing a shot, they just sat back and watched our big wigs destroy ourselves!! If the differential is adjusted correctly then you know as well as I that you don't hear a thing,period. Now they are going to try and tell you that there is an acceptable amount of noise...I wonder how acceptable it would be if you were trying to trade it in ? The first thing the appraiser would say is "Ahem, you have a rear differential problem that we'll have to deduct for , sir. BULL, ...Fix Or Repair Daily...Found On The Road Dead, they didn't get those nick names by making great products. Not that any of our other companies are doing any better, they are all making junk. I have a 95 jeep with 230,000 miles on it and it still runs great ..my 03 jeep with 50,000 has been in the shop 20 times, I hope it's the last car I ever have to buy, I used to detest working on forign cars when I had my shop, now I find myself recommending subaru's to everyone,what a flip flop that is.
Good luck with the car , and I' think instead of going up the mullica I'm going to take a run up to harvey cedars lump and give that a shot, I always seem to do well there, I'll let you know....Leo
rebait

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leo,

I met with the rep, he ok'd the differential repair and they had a new assy in stock, wonder why?, they installed it then and I was at my wife's store for lunch, and she bought. A remarkable day. It is off in the am for a fluke / search for weakfish and if all else fails, troll for blues.

John
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, they had the part after your first repair. when they saw what was wrong, they ordered the part and had you come back until it came in and they could fix it right. A lot of dealers will fix the broke part and not what broke the part in the first place since keeping your car in the shop for a week or so gets expensive. so they do the quick fix and send you on your way knowing that you'll be back again. If they get you to pay a service fee, then you help pay for the correct fix.
Leo's right, F**cked on Race Day didnt get all their nicknames for no reason!!! Twisted Evil
rebait

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Results from July 10: 1 small Fluke. 0 Weakfish, lost count on Bluefish. The bay is still loaded with them. Left at 5:00 back home at 8:30. Back to cars and dealer repairs, the worst experience that I ever had was with a Chevy dealer in 1976. I bought a new Blazer fully loaded with full time 4wd. The truck was never beat or used off road or on the beach. I had a 1959 Willys truck w/plow. The Blazer was about 2 months old. If I let up on the gas it had a loud clunk in the transfer case. The left windshield post developed a crack at the seam. The service manager told me that it was normal and that the interaxle differential was catching up on itself. I told him that I will take it home and grease the muffler bearings. Then the politically incorrect words from both sides started. I went home and took the transfer case apart and found the spider gears were not set correctly and they were scored. I went back to the dealer and showed him the gears and asked him for new ones and I would put it back together myself because I felt that nobody here could do it. He refused we went round and round until we went to the owner and he told the manager to give me the gears. The dealer's body shop put some body filler over the crack and painted it. It cracked again and again. I told the body shop manager to fix it right this time and he said that he will have to pull the windshield. I said what are you waiting for. They butchered it up again. There were other issues: Trans, carb, RUST, paint peeling. GM wanted to know nothing. That was the last new GM that I bought. I am looking at a new GM this week. The other nightmare was with a VW dealer in 1988, but that is another story. The point that I am trying to make is that they really don't care about you as long as they make a profit.
leokow

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right John, it doesn't make much difference which of the big 3 made the vehicle, they are all junk when you compare them to what the rest of the world is making. Especially that little place called Japan, and I'm the the biggest forign can hater in the world, even when I had my business I refused to buy or seel anything that wasn't from here.
My battle with Pittsburgh glass block ended that . But I can't go back there now or I'll ruin my whole summer.
It's 9AM and I think I'm going to find someone to go fishing, should have left 2 hours ago.
Hope the wife is still doing fine and I'll talk to you later...Leo
rebait

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

July 11: Heavy Fog at 5:30am. Fishing midiocre decided to return to dock.
July 13: Left at 5:30am. Back home at 9:45. Fluke 15 - 13 to 191/2". Weakfish 0, Bass 0.
Leo, Good luck fishing. I am off again in a couple of weeks. Maybe we can arrange a trip. The weakfish better be in. My wife is doing better. I will email you later about what happened in the hospital. Now it is off new vehicle shopping.

John
leokow

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the fishing trip sounds good,John and by the time you're vacation comes around things will have all worked themselves out , I hope so ,anyway.
Terrys' engine problems really have me bummed out , I knew the minute he described what had happened what he was going to find ,I was just hoping it wasn't going to be so bad. Talk to you later...Leo
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey Leo, you keep fishing and dont worry about me, since I'm irish I always seem to fall into good luck. remember the top for my boat? I think I stepped into some more you know what if I can convince the guy to let his engines go, I'll have 2 complete 350s with closed cooling and trannys for a song ( I posted about them in the engine section) For now, its fishing off the dock or from a couple of my buddies boats and reading about you guys fishing. I should still be able to get some more boating in this season unless I decide to put in all of the parts stored in the front berth. I'm bad, I still havent put in the helm from you and I only put in the new tranny shifters because one of my old ones broke off. I havent finished installing the outside stereo speakers or the hatch covers for the port side storage. Now that I have to work on the boat, might as well finish up the little things I've been putting off
leokow

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Terry, but I can't help getting involved , especially when it seems all the good guys get screwed, but then , that's the reason, isn't it ? You're honest and you figure that everyone else is the same , but there's always 1 or 2 jerks out there that just love to take advantage of the situation, to them it's just a game and they get a kick out of who they can get for how much.
Anyway, what's done is done and there's no going back , the only way to look is forward now and maybe you will get kucky with the engines you are talking about , I sure hope so.
There's a big fluke and weakfish tournament today,so I'm not going anywhere near the water today.
rebait

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leo, Terry,

No fishing for me today. I got called into work. Nothing like being on vacation. Well that makes 3 in a row and I know that I am working this Saturday. Terry to make you feel better, all my fishing has been done with my 18' CC. The engine is in the Wahoo, I had it running. I have been straightening up the wiring. I am replacing the hoses on the cooling system. The problem is that all the places that I went to last week, the were all out of one & 3/4" wire reinforced hose. The guy that I normally deal with ordrded it for me. Last week I was on "VACATION"? Talk about honey do lists. I knew that I was in trouble when she asked me want I am doing this week. When they have their own business they think that you automatically work for them. Next week that I am off I told my wife that I am not going to tell her that I am off. I am just heading for the boat like I am going to work. I hope to wrap up everything after work this week. Terry good luck with the engines and if you feel like taking a ride to the Jersey Shore to fish you are welcome. Leo, I will give you a shout when vacation time is near and hopefully we can get together.

Tight Lines, John
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, I got all of my hoses from ebasicpower.com, they ship fast and had a collection of different kinds with bends and such and even had pictures of them on their website. Made it easy for me to fit the front mount mercruiser heat exchanger onto the crusader rear mount bracket. Hopefully I can work a deal with the engine guy, I'm about at the max I want to go. If I knew for sure I didnt have to tear them apart I would offer more. I tried to talk to him today but he wasnt around. I did have a few people try and tell me the engines are not worth the headache and that I should just buy new ones, funny both of the people that told me that were real helpful and wanted to hook me up with their engine guy.....
the wind was blowing a little hard today, everybody who went out didnt stay out long, there were whitecaps in the river from the wind. I got the pumps, intake, fuel filter, fuel pump, tranny cooler and starter off the old engine today, pulled the valve rods and they looked good so did the port on the heads.
When I take vacation I usually dont tell my wife because she will give me a big list of things she wants done, same thing if I tell her I'm going to Home Depot or the store. I get can you pick me up something? sure, then I get a 3 page list!!! LOL
Hope the wahoo get finished, if you get me a list of engine hoses, I'll check and see if I still have any. I will also have the ones from the current engines if I get the new ones, they only have 1 year on them
Terry
rebait

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terry,

Thanks for the offer. I ordered what I needed from Partman.com. Sunday while eating lunch my son and I were watching Ship Shape TV and an ad for Partman came on. I went on line and ordered what I needed. For some reason in the back of my mind I have a feeling that ebasic power and partman are connected some way. When I get a chance I am going to tear my old 350 down and see what the problem was and what was damaged. The heads look like the were replaced at one time. I will let you know if anything is good and you are welcome to what you need.

John
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks John Hopefully this will be it for awhile we me and engine repair. I just want to enjoy the boat for once
leokow

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man , talk about hoses ? and a day late as usual, yesterday we cleaned out under the big bunk where the former owner decided to place the water tank and the waste tank. The odor coming from that area was too much to bear, I took literally an entire wheel barrow of 350 hoses from around those tanks, most of them used but still in great shape, I don't know what half of them are even for yet and why he would keep all that stuff on the boat ,I'll never know, if I need that much repair ,I'll call BOAT US to get towed back home and do the work at the dock. I mean keep enough tools on board to tighten a loose clamp or repair a blown belt, but there was enough stuff on this boat to rebuild the engine, with old parts no less. John , you could have had your pick,but they're ordered now so that's that.
John, I don't know about partsman and ebasic being together, I think partsman is in N.Y. and ebasic is in Harkers Island .Carolina, I,ve never dealt with partsman,but I have done quite a bit with ebasic and those guys have always been great to do business with.
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep some fanbelts and filters, spare oil and tranny fluid on board with my tool bag and thats it. Speaking of ebasicpower, I've bought from them for some time now and never had a problem until now. When I found the PCV valve was plugged, I ordered new ones from them since they listed them and said 48 hours for shipping, wee today is the 17th of July, I ordered them on June 30th. Nothing delivered, no tracking number. I called and got a real snotty response about drop shipping from manufacturers taking a "little" longer. I asked how much time was a "little" longer and got put on hold until the phone disconnected. I called the credit card company and found out my card was charged on June 30th for the parts. I explained that the items were not received and that I had tried to contact the manufacturer to no avail. Now I'm waiting for the paperwork to dispute the charge
rebait

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leo,

You are right. They are not connected. I remembered seeing adds for both in Boat Shopper or another publication where they were right next to one another with identical prices. You can just carry so much extra parts and tools. That is why I have Sea Tow and lucky enough I never had to use it. Back to mail order, I have never heard anything negative about ebasic until now. Hopefully this is just a glich. I should get my hoses any day. Too bad I have to work again this Saturday. It will be fishing and working on the Wahoo on Sunday. If all goes well it will be launched the next weekend or during the week. The small boat is a mindsaver.

John
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, Dont feel bad about working on Sat. The weatherman says this rain will be here until Sunday
leokow

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terry, that's the first time in over 15 years I've ever heard something bad about ebasic. , like John says , I sure hope it was a glitch and not they're new way of doing business! There is another company that I buy some things from and they've also been pretty good.It's called marinepartsource.com...You have to log in and go thru the normal bull but it's worth it. If you have a question , you can type it in and they answer you quickly.
Hey Terry, that rain you're talking about, we seem to live in a little nitche between Atlantic City And Toms River and all the storms seem to split and go right around us, this aftrenoon has been the first rain in weeks that was bad enough to cause any problems, now WIND, that's altogether another deal , I can't remember the last time we had 3 days in a row of decent wind related weather.
Waiting for my floscan parts to come in so that I can put things back together again and feel comfortable out on the boat. That was a nice $300. plus mistake I made throwing those parts away by accident, if that's what happened to them, I can't come up with any other explanation . OK. guys have a good day . I'll talk to you all later...Leo
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used them and marinepartssource for a long time and this is the first time I ever had any problems, usually get the parts quick with a tracking number emailed before so I know when to expect. I got a receipt in the mail for the charges but still no parts. Probably wont need them now depending on whats up with the engines I want to check out on sat. Funny yhing is the parts are little things, PCV valves and new rubber grommets. Ebasic still hasnt gotten back to me since they said they were drop shipped from Crusader. First clue about ebasic is revealed, drop shipping means they sell things they dont have in stock, but are the middleman for another supplier. I cant remember seeing anything on their website about drop shipping. Their site states 48 hours for normal shipping, its close to 3 weeks and nothing
rebait

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys,

That drop ship routine is what you expect from Northern Hydraulics, (I believe they call themselves Northern Tools and Equipment). I was well pleased dealing with partsman.com or aka Lighthouse Marine. I received my whole order the next day. The storm that hit NJ on Wednesday was weird. North Jersey was hit hard in the morning. Ocean County and South was hit hard in the afternoon / early evening. Toms River / Beachwood was hit hard and sections flooded and lost electricity. My wife's ice cream shop lost power for 5 hrs. Thursday morning, the radio reported that sections of Toms River and Beachwood still had no power.
GOOD NEWS: A good friend of mine called me at work today to tell me that the WEAKFISH are in Barnegat Bay. Sunday morning my son and I will be out in our ever faithful 18' Dixie Center Console. We have came to a tentative agreement on a name for the Wahoo. We figure Rebait is out because: 1. The Wahoo from LBI that sunk. (eventhough I was known as Rebait since 1980) 2. We saw another boat for sale on Rt 9 named Rebait for sale. 3. I was talking to my neighbor on the radio and somebody else answered him as Rebait and was quite insistent that he was the original and I was just copying him. I asked him how old he was and he told me 24, and everyboby had a good laugh after I told him the guy that nicknamed me Rebait died in 1981. He was quite irritated and called me a @#%&* Liar & that he thought of the name by himself. I said, "Junior, if it means that much to you, you can have it." Nobody heard from him since. The tentative name is going to be the "Time Bandit". Lately it has been stealing most of my free time.

Tight Lines, John
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, If I had to name a new boat, it would be "Gotta Go" as in cant talk now, Gotta Go, the fish are biting!!!!!
Terry
leokow

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey John, the name sounds good, but it sure sounds familiar to me, I'll have to look around the marina and see what pops up.
My fishing has just been put on hold for a little while, just came out of the docs yesterday and now I have to spend 3 hrs. in the MRI on tues. for low back and hip films. I'm really getting sick of this crap.Looks like what I did cutting up that old boat is going to cost me a lot more than I figured. I should have just paid to have it done and forgotten about it.Seems like my mind and my body keep fighting about how old and in what kind of condition I'm in. My mind wins and then my body looses. I hope this is the last lesson I have to learn like this. Here it is the middle of July and I've only been fishing Once ! I think I've spent more time on this computer than I have fishing, but I swear, before this seasons over I'm getting out to the inshore sharks and tuna at least just once, and for sure at least a couple of fluke trips, they are really doing well at Garden state south reef.
shawn_carlson
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leo,

Best of luck and get well soon. I have a few things to finish up this weekend on the boat, but hopefully the remaining weekends will be all fishing. I owe your more than a few fishing trips, so if you ever want to head out during the weekend shoot me an email or give me a call.

Shawn
leokow

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you ,Shawn, I really appreciate the offer and depending on how things go , I just may take you up on it. I hope your boat is coming along , don't let those odds and ends stop you from going out , because they never stop showing up ,they seem to be a perpetual thing on all boats. Take it easy and say hello to your wife for me.Have a good weekend , I'll talk to you later....Leo
leokow

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey John, remember I said that name TIME BANDIT sounded familiar to me? Well, I didn't have to look around the marina, last night I was watching a show Called the Deadliest catch, about crab fishing in Alaske, and there it was the TIME BANDIT, here it was one of the boats that I have been following for the past couple of months on this show. I don't think he'll mind your using the name , after all he is 4000 miles away!
Not like the wippersnapper that thinks you stole his name 20 years before he was born, and had the nerve to get bent out of shape about it too ! Some guys just take insignificant things much too seriously. Have a good weekend...Leo
rebait

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leo,

You are right about the name Time Bandit. My son came up with it. As he put it: We both had engine trouble and we dealt with it and came up with a good catch. I told him it is OK as long as we don't get iced in. He is a devoted follower of "The Deadliest Catch". I was planning on going out this morning, but at 4am the wind was howling here out of the NE. Today is dedicated to the Wahoo. I have the hoses. I am planning on installing them and letting the engine run and break the bearings in. Paint the bottom one night after work, if I get home at a decent hour or my son volunteered to do it. I am on vacation the week of July 30 and I plan to be in the water. Fall stripers are around the corner.

John
shawn_carlson
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leo,

There a couple things I needed to do (change the oil in the port engine.. nothing major). I have some vacation time coming up in early August. Thats my cut off date. Last thing I would like to check on before taking a long cruise is the trim tabs. No big deal, but I'd love to make sure that they are working.

I was going to take her out last weekend, but I had my wfie's friends over on Saturday and by the time I worked on the engine on Sunday the wind was blowing a little too much to just go for a ride... Maybe next weekend.

As for fishing .. let me know I'm anxious to do some fluking.

Shawn
leokow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Shawn, well, I guess everything I do for the next couple of weeks will depend on what the results of the MRI's are tomorrow. I don't know if I want them to find something or not,if they do find anything ,then it'll need to be fixed and that's sure to lay me up for awhile. If they don't find anything then I'm right back where started and so are they ,with not knowing what's wrong. All I know is I'm really getting tired of limping around and not sleeping at night, and not being able to do anything on the boat or anywhere else for that matter.
I'll let you know how things go.
Trim tab check out should be a snap if Shannon is there with you, just have her look at them as you move the handle the entire travel is only about 3 inches ,so the thing to look at is the shaft on the cylinder that's hooked to the trim tab itself, when they are all the way down most likely you'll be able to see the black part of the shaft that extended out and doesn't have any bottom paint on it. When it comes back up the balck will be gone, easy enough. You should only need to energize them for about 30 seconds for the full travel length to occur, check the fluid in the pump before you do anything , there's a line on the case that marks the full point and that's when the tabs are all the way up..There should also be an inline fuse connected to it too so you might wqant to check that for corrosion before you get to trying to activate them.
Talk to you later...Leo
leokow

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: Fluking update 7/27/07(off LBI,NJ) Reply with quote

Well, set out at about 7:30 AM for the Garden state south reef,the ocean was flat and extremely clean, the wind was very slight SE,drifted for a couple of hours ,all shorts, by afternoon the wind picked up a little and started blowing toward the beach,we ran south to Little egg reef and fished the NE corner that was so hot producing 3 days ago and again shorts and some junk,the last run we went a couple of miles to the opposite end of the same reef and began to make a couple of picks . Overall , we fished all day till 4 PM and caught 12 fluke and only 2 keepers. Exactly the opposite of the way things were just 1 week ago.
It was still a great day on the water.
rebait

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leo,

Remember, ANY DAY fishing is still better than a good day at work. It doesn't look like I will be fishing this weekend. Saturday is work. Sunday it is off to Raceway Park for the funny car reunion. A good friend of mine is running his Nova. I am involved in it along with a number of the guys that I work with. It had a complete update this past winter, including an up to date chassis. This is the first competition since the rebuild. He has done well with it in the past few years. I am off this coming week. I am planning on fishing on most of the mornings. I am taking my mother to the doctors a couple of days next week. The next time that I am off is the last 2 weeks of August. Maybe we can get together then.

John
leokow

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey John, glad to hear that things are ok and I wonder where the hell you get all the energy to be involved in all that you are in to. You definitely have my envy.
We'll do what ever we can about fishing when you get some time, hopefully we can slip in a day on your next vacation.
I went yesterday and covered a lot of water,hooked only 3 fluke and only one of them was a keeper,a few guys seem to hit it pretty good, but for the most part it was a slow pick for most of the day.
It's basically the same ole thing, a few guys do great but the majority are not catching much in the way of keepers ,I think next year we're all gonna get a real shock when they come out with the new fluke regs., I think were going to get cut down to 4 at 17 or 18 inches and that's going to make it real tough on a lot of the head boat guys,not to mention all us regular folk. I hope I'm wrong , but I have my doubts.
Enjoy your time at the track and hope the car does well...Leo
rebait

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leo,

My son and I went out this morning. We had fluke, but the same story as you, all short. They ranged between 13" to 16". If the min. was still 16" we would have limited out. NO WEAKFISH. This is the latest they ever were. The bay is still loaded with bluefish up to 3lbs. I caught all the fluke jigging a 1/2oz bucktail tipped with squid. The bluefish hit everything we used. We brought an arsenal looking for the weakies. When we came home my wife said,"No fish, go back and don't come home until you have dinner. Fluke or weakfish. You two are slipping." I almost took her up on it, but I want to get some work done on the Wahoo before it rains. I am in the homestretch. My buddy Mike says that he has it figured out how the warning buzzers should be wired not how they were. They never worked right nor did the neutral safety switch. His daughter in law just had a baby boy and grandpa & grandma have been running up North Jersey to be with them, besides he has been working crazy hours also. He asked me to let him do it and I agreed.

john
leokow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like a good deal ,John, anytime yo can get a hand with something on the boat it helps, I know most all the warning buzzers use either a brown & white stripe wire or green/ white and I'm pretty sure blue /white, but they are always stripped. The most common I've seen is the green. ood luck with her , she'll be floating soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pacemaker Boats Forum Index -> Fishing All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: