Pacemaker Boats Forum Index Pacemaker Boats
Information exchange on Pacemaker/Aglas Boats

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello wooden Pacemakers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aboatbum
Land lubber
Land lubber

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Hello wooden Pacemakers Reply with quote

Hello fellow Pacers; Just found this site. See alot of familiar names from the other Pacemaker site I've been on for years. I have a 1967 -44ft WOOD Pacemaker MY. guess they call it flush deck since my aft deck goes all the way to the transom. I got my boat after watching her go down the tubes sitting in a marina storage lot after being abandoned for 5 years. She was a beautiful boat when I first found her. But 5 years of Ohio Lake Erie winters not covered have taken their toll. I kept my eye on her hoping that I would be able to buy her if the chance came up. The bank finally repo'd her and told the marina they "would send a truck" to pick her up. The marina told them they better come look at the boat first. After all she stands 23 ft off the ground and we live on a pennisula and no way to get her off because of underpasses and she can;t float yet. The marina said better to just cut her up and put her in a dumpster BUT theres this guy down the road is interested in her. The bank contacted me
and I offered to pay 1/2 the storage bill which was $2,000. they told me to give them the money and they would give me the title and the storage was my problem. I went to the marina and they just wanted it off their property since they had sold the marina. So got the boat for 2k free and clear well except for the $ 1,000 the marina charged me to move the boat to my house 1/4 mile. She was in need of alot of work. I sanded her entire hull down because of flaking paint and found a soft spot at the water line port aft. Which afer removing the plank found 6 cracked ribs that had been repaired by sister ribs, but i guess water was being held between the old and new ribs and rotted out the new ribs. The old ribs were still there except for the cracks and a few rotted sections. The helm station sides have some rot where they meet the teak deck. the windshield framework needs replaced as well as the flybridge and bow bench seat. The entire interior was gutted for the most part so have my hands full. Had a local shipwright starting on the repairs to the ribs, I was in Afghanistan for Operation Enduring Freedom and now after being home for 1 year I'am no In Bagdad Iraq for a year . So the boat sits in storage. this is my last job overseas so hopefully next year can get started on getting the ole girl back in the water. My wife and I plan on moving south where its warm and retiring on the boat. Well need to go for now. Will post some pics later when i get the chance I took several dozen begining and during refurb pics. looking forward to picking your brains for problems i encounter. Sure alot of you have been there doone that. Till Then Safe Boating out there, Denny
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
merwin10
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denny - Welcome to our Hubble site! Yes you will recognize many names here! When the other site shut down we created this site so that all the members information would be saved for our beloved boats. Since that time the other site has reopened and we have decided to keep this site open as well so that will never happen again! So there is the history lesson!

Sounds like you got a real deal on the boat! It may have a few issues but I am sure it will be a beauty when done! Boats like that are a labor of love! We would like to see her progress when you have the time.

Best of Luck! Hope to be hearing from you often!

Mike - Wink
leokow

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really glad you found us ,Denny, great to have you join our little site and lump all your pace problems in with ours. Best thing about that is we usually come up with the solutions ,somehow. That was some deal with the bank, good work. I'm sure once you get into her you'll enjoy it as much as we do. What kind of power does she have ?
Drop us a line when you get a chance and keep safe over there, we'll all keep you in mind until you get back.Good luck...Leo
rebait

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denny,

Welcome aboard. Good luck with your new project and your tour of duty. Be Safe.

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pacemaker Boats Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: