Pacemaker Boats Forum Index Pacemaker Boats
Information exchange on Pacemaker/Aglas Boats

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

pollution permit's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pacemaker Boats Forum Index -> Boating in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:44 am    Post subject: pollution permit's Reply with quote

anyone else catch the article in boatus about pollution permit's? I'm jumping the gun a bit sure ,but i live in a county that require's auto emission's testing,we never thought that would take when first introduced,it has. i cant help but wonder if boating is going to actually go that route or something similar. i do know my old 1965 engine's would not pass something like that. and if they are saying yes pollute the water but you have to pay to do it, well,,, that's just bs. I could almost agree with the proposel if i knew for a fact the money brought in would actually go to doing something positive , but let's face it there is a lot of shore line in our good ole US.
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt catch that, probably cause I'm mad as Heck about CT's plan to charge for a SALT WATER fishing license, yes that right, there is a bill up before the CT gov. to charge a fee to fish in salt water. Imagine being a boater from Mass, RI, or New York who happen to be fishing outside of CT waters, but pass through them going home or on their way out getting stopped by the CT DEP. Lets see your CT LICENSE for those fish in your cooler, What do you mean you caught them outside of CT waters, prove it, you're in CT waters now, so we will have to confiscate all of the fish and all of your equipment cause you dont have a CT license for them. Its bad enought there is going to be a high pressure gas line being built across the sound and a big floating gas barge in the middle soon to go with the high power electrical line they put in a few years ago, Now I will have to pay to fish in salt water???
leokow

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Terry, don't get all fired up about ct. and a salt water licence. The new bill just passed by congress I believe it the Magnuuson-Stevens bill on fisheries has an amendment in it that all studies for fish management will be funded by some sort of fee established by 2009 that will pay for better scientific surveys to manage fisheries. So just about every state that has access to salt water will have to put something into play regardless of how we feel about it. For years we have been complaining that the fisheries commissions have been basing there sizes and limits on bad science , well , now that the fluke season for the northeast has been saved from total destruction this year ,without the compromise I believe New york would have been closed completely, NJ would have limited to 2 at somewhere between 18 to 20 inches, and the rest of the states would have been impacted similarly. Someone will have to pay for that new science and it looks as though all the salt water fisherman will be asked to contribute, it's in the bill and the states must comply. As it stands, that compromise cut the season short by 5 weeks from last year, raised the size limit to 17inches(1/2" increase) and kept the bag limit at 8 fish.
I just focused on Fluke but the bill contains much more than that. So don't blame your state , buddy, Uncle Sam is at the bottom of this.
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know and its uncle sam thats over-ruling the state on the gas pipeline Islander east wants to build across the sound so that long island can get more gas, its uncle sam that is overturning the sate on the floating gas barge they want to anchor in the sound just over the border in new york waters. It was uncle sam that overturned a rejection of the power cable by the state that now runs from ct to long island. So much for the save our sound license plates ct was selling to help "preserve" the sound. Looking at the fish population in the sound shows a steady decrease with a getting bigger every year dead zone in the southern portion approaching new york. Lobster fisherman have taken a beating here with hugh die offs, which cant be explained, but they just so happened after they sprayed hugh amounts of pesticide to kill all of the mosquitos and the west nile virus in the salt marshes. I dont mind paying for a fishing license as long as the money is used to improve the fishing. Fresh waters are stocked every year with some of the money from fishing licenses, wanna bet you'll never see any of the money collected from these new licenses going back to the fisherman who paid the fees in any manner that would make boating in the sound better.
OK, enough of my soap box preaching, I hope you got your kitchen done and are getting ready to go join those guys you can see fishing from your boat on land. Did you get the news last night about some fisherman disappearing off the coast of Milford CT? They were by Charles Island wildlife reserve where I like to fish for strippers. I wonder if the guy tried to walk ashore since at low tide there is a sandbar you can walk all the way from the isalnd to the milford shore. It was just off that island where I got stuck with my brother-in-law and his brother on his brothers boat when all of his batteries went dead.
leokow

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one more lousy thing to do in that jinxed kitchen and that's put ceramic tile between the counter top and the upper cabinets and then it's 100% friggin done. I should have been doing that all day today instead of pounding on this computer but I got up here earlier and was informed that my step daughter hadn't filled her 2004 TAXES because her and he mate had been fighting before they separated and it just wasn't important. So, I've been hunting thru IRS and PA State sites to get the necessary forms, I mean , what the hell , it's no big deal , it's only $4000. in refunds that she's due that will just go away in one more year if it's not filed. Like she can really afford to let that happen , especially trying to raise a 5 year old. OK ., now it's off my soap box and back to work..Talk to you later.
I'm still going to the boat this weekend !!!!
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VIVA LA PACEMAKER!!!! If it wasnt for the boat, sometimes life would drive us all crazy. My wife called about my son overflowing the bathroom again! He did that Monday night and the carpet had to be ripped up, now he did it again Sad Now it looks like I got a mess to clean up when I get home before I can go to the boat
merwin10
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terry - You need to get you son involved in boating - Just tell him if he keeps making messes for dad to clean up there will be no boating -

How old is the little devil?

Mike -
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike he will be 14 in June. He needs to learn that you dont need to use 10000 sheets of TP to wipe your butt when your done taking a dump. I told him he was going to clean it up since I was going straight to the boat after work
merwin10
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you! Yep have the same issue here! We have the magic roll of TP - New in the morning gone by bed time - except my issue is girls!

Mike -
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terry,

buy your son a, closet auger,and make him rod the toilet, you can useually find them at a home center or local plumbing supply house , I cant understand these kid's , q-tip's that's another thing i've found flushed and plugging up toilet's ,one guy {won my respect} made his daughter come and pick probaly 10-20 q-tips out of the toilet, boy i would love to see some of these kid's in an out house.

anyway, boy farmer sam just cant get enough of the cattle's money these day's, and in the name of protecting us and our resource's? our government is one big greed machine, there isnt enough money printed in the world to calm this hunger.

I'm kinda surprised they have left, for the most part, pleasure boater's out of the mix so far. now someone has realized {probaly some weak frail brat who hated being taken aboard} this is a cash producer.

It never fail's for me ,I find something that make's me genuinly happy an d wham ,,no ,you can not enjoy this, between the bs fuel and it's cost's, {incidentaly where did the saving's go that were to come from that? cost's the same and it cause's damage,yeah,, there's a nice saving's}new tax's and such how the heck can a decent guy enjoy anything.

beginning to think I was better off a drunk,at least back then no to much bothered me.
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figure that as long as People can find ways to enjoy themselves, Uncle sam will figure out a way to tax it. Oh well all that means is we dont take a vacation or stop going out to eat. Why is the cost of gas going up? the cost of oil isnt. Lets face it, the greed goes far beyond uncle sam
rebait

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to start writing and calling your Local, County, State and Federal Representatives. Remember the U.S. Recreational Vessel Fee in 1992? We raised a big stink about it from the local level up. It was repealed the next year.

John
aboatbum
Land lubber
Land lubber

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:47 am    Post subject: Fuel Prices Reply with quote

MMMMMMM maybe we are getting shafted by the Refineries in the USA. I'am in Kuwiait on business this week from Iraq and the Suburban was just filled last night for $30.00 usd. After conversion from liters to gallons we came up with . 78 cents a gallon for diesel. and they have to refine it here also. I have no clue what size my fuel tanks are on my 44 ft. pacemaker. I have twin 903 cummins diesels. But the tank (single) was replaced I'am sure its stainless steel I believe and I'am sure its not original. Well something to ponder on. Safe boating out there. Denny
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

78 cent's a gallon .....boy i just love our cost of freedom here in the good ole U S, deisel is still over $3.00 here in Indiana. nothin like a good reaming. i'm sure there is good reason for our price's, i know i useually walk around in a little more then a bed sheet wrapped around me,and my house isnt made from mud brick's, i do like to eat well, the little wooden mule cart's have been gone for a while, in my neighborhood anyway, but gees louise, why? i had understood one of the major oil companie's had recently shown a profit of over 90 billion U S dollar's, 90 billion , not million ,billion. freaking disgusting.
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and big oil says it doesnt have any money to rebuild refineries. Look at which industry is the biggest contributer to political parties, yep, its big oil.
All things considered, the rate at which the price of fuel is rising in the past wasnt as fast as everything else we need to buy. The only way the price is going to come down is everyone must stop buying anything from exxon/mobil as that company is the biggest oil company. They spend hugh amounts of money spreading false data about anything that will hurt their profit margin. If only 3 out of 10 pople who buy gas at an exxon or mobil station switch to a different company, then they will experience a 30% drop in revenue. They will then drop their prices starting a good old price war. This may take a month or two to have them see the drop in consumption and they will probably just sit and wait because most americans just keep buying no matter what since they need gas to get to work and such.
I for one have stopped buyng anything with an exxon or mobil logo or manufacturing name on it. This includes garbage bags and plastic bags. It time we as americans show the big corporations who crap all over us that we are not the dumb sheep they believe us to be
aboatbum
Land lubber
Land lubber

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: 90 Billion eh Reply with quote

Maybe we are paying for the new oil wells they haven't drilled yet so they can still make their 90b profits when they are charging our grandkids $9 a gallon for fuel for the boats we leave them in our fianl wills.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
merwin10
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recently I heard that the issue is not enough refineries and at a Billion a copy ! You would think that after making 90 billion in one year the congress would get wise! Ok spend 52 billion of that and build a refinery in every state and still have 48 billion left over. there would be no fuel issues then - Just goes to show you how our government thinks

Mike - Confused
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, Our government only thinks when you feed it campaign cash, which big oil does quite freely. Exceptions are groups like the NRA which has cash from its members to fight for their beliefs. For the average american, there is no one fighting for them. The senators and reps will vote for the cause that gave them the biggest chuck of cash and to heck with whats right and wrong. Did you know that most of our senators and reps cant qualify for a credit card because of bad credit? even with all of their high pay and perks, they still cant (or wont) pay their bills.
Ever wonder why social security isnt being fixed? its because of the golden fleece parachute the good old senators and reps gave themselves. Seems they get to retire and collect their pay for life without ever paying anything into the fund. Its funded by tax dollars from you and me.
Here in good old North Haven CT, we just shot down a buget because it carried raises for the head of the board of finance, the director of community services, and his wife who was the assistant director. Why did we shoot the budget down?? It seems they were all arrested 3 months ago for STEALING THE CHRISTMAS FUNDS FOR POOR UNDERPRIVILEDGED Childern. They have been on paid leave since they were arrested and have asked for retirement, which will net them about $5000 per month BEFORE the raise we just shot down.
How about a retirement package for those of us that actually do something useful and productive????
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pacemaker Boats Forum Index -> Boating in General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: