Pacemaker Boats Forum Index Pacemaker Boats
Information exchange on Pacemaker/Aglas Boats

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
waverunner
Swabby
Swabby

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: new member Reply with quote

I am a new member to this site and just want to say Hi to everyone and I think that it is great to have a place to get so much needed information on the Pacemaker boats. We bought a 40' FBMY last year that was on dry land for 5 years. The engines were siezed as well as the generator! We worked on the engines all last summer and finally luanched it in October and run it across the Bay. It ran great! This year we are going to rebuild the 6.5 Onan generator! We will be going thru the whole boat in the next 3-5 yrs. Now I know what it means when they say the boat takes over your Life! We love it!
Thanks, Don
merwin10
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Don -

Welcome to the site! Sounds like you have your work cut out for you - If you are going to rebuild the Onan geny better look into the cost of parts - I had one in my 36 SF and found it cheaper to up grade to a new one - Onan/Cummings is NOT forgiven with their pricing - I had the Coil go and it is the one with the braided plug wires! You would not believe what that dam thing is worth! Just about everything on the MCCK is heart stopping expensive!

Well good luck! Keep us posted -

Mike - Wink
waverunner
Swabby
Swabby

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: 6.5 Onan Generator Reply with quote

Hi Mike, The previous owner must have let the generator keep on cranking over until the battery died because when I tore it down all of the cylinders where packed full of jelled fuel. The actual hours on the generator are only 6 hrs. I have already purchased all of the rebuild parts and it ran me about 3500.00 bucks! I priced a new 8 KW generator with a quiet box and they wanted 12,500.00 sitting on the show room floor! I just need to find the time to get started!
Thanks, Don
rebait

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don,

Welcome aboard and good luck. Remember, BOAT - Break Out Another Thousand. It is worth every penny as long as you enjoy what you are doing.

John
Rob
Mate
Mate

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a good one John, I've never heard it that way before. How true it is.
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard Rob. Sounds like your boat was just like mine when I got it. Mine had been out of the water for 10 years. The motors were so rusty, you couldnt get any of the bolts out without breaking them. WD-40 was my best friend for many many months. I totally love my pacemaker, its a 28 footer. I've done both engines, both fuel tanks, all new windows, new dc panel, all new gages, toggle switches, bilge pumps, new toilet, I had to rebuild the rudder control arm and replace countless other little things. This site is great since everyone here can help with information on how to do things and where to get the things you need to fix up your boat.
Terry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pacemaker Boats Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: