Pacemaker Boats Forum Index Pacemaker Boats
Information exchange on Pacemaker/Aglas Boats

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Never Ending 1968 Alglas Custom Sport Fisherman

View previous topic :: View next topic  
neverending

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:06 am    Post subject: Never Ending 1968 Alglas Custom Sport Fisherman Reply with quote

Way to go there skipper... dragging those fenders like a weekend boater.

Dana Point, CA -- October 28, 2006, the last day before the Daylight Savings time change. Absolutely gorgeous day to be on the water. Flat as a lake, clear blue skies and 85F.

October and November have historically provided the best boating days of the year, The only downside is the mediocre fishing and the short days.

Hard to Port skipper, she's getting away.

The one that didn't... Get away that is.

We had 5 Mako that day. Released 4 and kept this one.

This was the biggest one of the day, ~ 150 lbs, and really seemed to like the taste of Pacemaker swimsteps. We decided not to invite him aboard.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

outstanding captain, quality boating and quality fishing cant beat that so late in the season, very nice.
merwin10
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pictures - so late in the season - Good idea not welcoming that unwanted guest - looked hungry -

Mike - Very Happy
CaptainJack51
Land lubber
Land lubber

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Pictures!!! Nice to see that Pacemakers, make it to the Left coast all the way from New Jersey!!
leokow

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pics Dennis, should have left one of those fenders down for that Mako to munch on instead of the swim platform ! LOL. Great job both fishing and with the boat. This seasons first offshore trip is going to be for Mako with the new boat, hope I can get half as lucky as you did. I'm of the same opinion of the big ones though, they can stay and swim , I'll take a 5 footer on board to bring home for steaks, instead of fighting with the big ones. I've seen some really torn up boats from guys bringing them on board when they are still just a little too green. You're pics have me yearning for May!!! C ya ...Leo
rebait

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis,

Nice boat and pics. After seeing them and just got a fresh case of cabin fever. Instead of shark, I am getting my gear ready for the Spring Striper run. What makes it worse is the weather we have had in the last few weeks. Yesterday it was in the 70's. Good luck and tight lines.

John
leokow

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK JOHN...you had to mention weather !! When you made your post it was really nice , now since the weather Gods have read it they have decided to give us a taste of old fashioned winter. Low teens and 20 to 30 MPH winds,we have a nice week of learning how to be eskimos coming !LOL! gotta laugh about it, though, we could be worse off , like in Chigago or Fargo,ND 40 below !
I think I'm getting cabin fever, I need to get down to the boat , real bad.
Looking at Dennis' pictures again have riled me up.
rebait

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leo,

What a difference a month makes. I have a bad case of cabin fever also. The only thing that I have on my mind is swapping my engine and getting the Wahoo in the water. I hate to mention the S word, but I have a bad feeling that we are going to get hit bad before Washigton's Birthday.

John
leokow

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey John, I was down in Turckerton this weekend to check out the boats, my newer one is at the marina on the hard but my old one is still in the water with a bubbler system aroud it, man everything is frozen in solid, haven't seen that for about 3 years or so, only my dock boat and the next door neighbor have flowing water , looks like 6 inches thick or better. The paper had about half dozen guys down on the Mullica river drilling holes for ice fishing and they didn't look like they were light weights either. I think your guess about the weather is going to be just about right on, looks like were supposed to get it on tuesday, we're do for one or two anyway before spring , we won't get lucky like last year again. Ok John, I'll talk to you later and good luck with that engine....Leo
rebait

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leo,

Old Man Winter caught up with us for sure. Right now we are getting a mix of sleet and snow and the temp is 22. Work went into "Panic" mode today. At first we had a 4 am start for Wed. Now some of us are starting at 1am. If the temps rise from the strong East winds, we will get over an inch of rain and than turn to ice, sleet and snow. If it blows NE and we get the Arctic Blast from the Maritime Providences we are in for a lot of snow. I keep telling myself that Spring is around the corner.

Keep warm and dry,

John
leokow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Valentines Day ! I couldn't be happier , the big storm turned into a bust and that's just fine with me. Couple of inches of ice snow and slush up in Philly and I just spoke with my Uncle down at the boat , they got a 1/2 inch of snow yesterday and rain all night , now nothing but a lot of wind blowing, that saves me a trip down to de-ice and de- snow the boat , he'll check to make sure the bilge pump worked for the rain and I'll be able to get more done up here. I'm still trying to get you the name of that lumber yard on Long Beach Island for your teak, if I can't find it here then I'll find it next weekend down there. C ya later..Leo
rebait

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leo,

It all depends where you lived or worked on Wednesday's storm. I work 58 mi. North from home. When I left home at 5am it was snow mixed with sleet. The GSP was slick and cars off the road. At work it was a "winter wonderland." I called my wife and she said that it was not doing anything and there was no snow, just icy spots. On my way home, the GSP was still a mess. Accidents all over, until I got to Wall Twp. It started getting better. By Brick / Lakewood there was no trace of winter. I had a 1am start on Thursday and it was trecherous traveling to work. Parts of Momouth and Ocean County lost their power and as of Friday, all were not restored. We just lucked out. I am going to look in the phone book for that lumber yard on LBI. A guy that I work with is going to check on this yard around Elizabeth.

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pacemaker Boats Forum Index -> Pictures All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: