Pacemaker Boats Forum Index Pacemaker Boats
Information exchange on Pacemaker/Aglas Boats

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cat got your tongue!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pacemaker Boats Forum Index -> Site problems or issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
merwin10
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Cat got your tongue!!! Reply with quote

Boy you all have been very quite as of late! Maybe not worth having the site! You all must be loosing interest - or - is it just the time of year?

Mike -

changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must that time of year Mike, Not too many new posts lately!!!
leokow

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: nobody talkiing ? Reply with quote

Sad I agree Mike, everyone is either busy with stiper fishing or with putting their boats away for the winter, I know I just got out of the hosp. on monday after a 6 days stay and there were a million things I should have gotten done during that time ,but when your sick ,your sick, and nothing else matters except getting better. I'm going to try to get down to the boats this weekend and finish the winterization of them both. I think closing the site is a bit drastic, don;t you? Once these guys put there toys away and family events ,holidays etc. begin to take over,they don't seem to have much interest in the forum, I think it's just something we're going to have to live with.
Tide the Knot
Swabby
Swabby

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Guys,
Sorry, been real busy with trying to put the boat away, then a tree fell on my house. Should be back to the computer by next week.
-Andy
Tide the knot
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW Andy, did the tree do much damage? We had severe wind 2 weekends ago and it got under my cover and broke the 1 inch PVC pipe I use to hold the cover up on my boat, but no trees down.
Leo, I hope everything is better now, did you have another operation or just sick?
Terry
Tide the Knot
Swabby
Swabby

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Terry,
I think it was probable the same storm you got that hit me. Couple of Sunday's ago. Scary thing is, I was having a pig roast that day. Had a moon walk dropped off at 11AM. 20 minutes later my neighbors tree uprooted, hit the roof of my house and rolled off, right onto the moonwalk. Thank god there was nobody in it. Significant damage to the roof, but I should have it buttoned up in the next month.
Unfortunatley it put me a little behind putting the boat to bed for the winter, but at least no one was hurt.
-Andy
rebait

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking for myself, this time of the year is extremely busy for me. Between putting the boats away, trying to get some striper fishing in, splitting firewood, leaves, other home "projects" and work it gets ridiculous. I just got home from work ( left home at 5:10am). Once things settle down, I am sure we will all have time to trade tips and experiences. I just don't want to put any trash out without thinking first. Only thing on my mind right now is that I am off on Friday, and I am going striper fishing with my son and a couple friends. To all of you guys with storm damage, I wish you the best.

Tight Lines,
John
rebait

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leo, I wish you a sreedy recovery. If you get stuck and need help, give me a shout. I am sure that I can make some time. I try to check this site and my messages when I get home. John
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy, yeah it was probably the same storm, we had wind gusts recorded at 92 mph on that saturday. I went down to the boat on sunday to check the damage and my cover was flying like a flag. I had made a support truss out of 1 inch pvc pipe so that I could walk around under it and work on the boat. The wind had gotten under the tarp and broke the pipe in half.
I was trying to get it secured back down and the wind gusts were still strong. I found a hatch laying in the yard, seems the wind had blown it off someones boat. Next year, its shrink wrap for me since no one with shrink wrap had any problems.
Hope your insurance covers the damage to the roof and to the moon walk.
I was hoping the wind would blow all the leaves away, but I spent last weekend cleaning them all up. Now I'm hoping to get there this weekend. With the temps in the mid 60's today, if its warm tomorrow, I think I feel a sickness coming on - boatitchyitis!!!
Good luck with the repairs to the house, at least it wasnt too major
Terry
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when it rain's it pour's sometime's, sorry to hear bout the trial's a few have had as of late. heck my only complaint is the water not being deep enough up the channel from us to get out. we have nearly a 3 mile ride from the marina out to open water, a very nice no wake ride. but it get's to shallow at a certain bend for the bigger boat's to get through this time of year, so even though for nov we have had beautifull weather here i still can only sit at the dock. not exactly sure of the haul out date.they know i like to keep her wet as long as i can. im hoping for a real short winter really like to have her back in by april,barring any unforseen tragedie's again. ya know i was so scared i was the only pacemaker owner around when we first got her. no body knew a thing about them except they heard they were well built boat's. through the original site and now this one at the very least for someone just getting a pace it's a really comforting feeling to know that there is a bit of help ya might never find other then through this site. it really is a generous service.
Tide the Knot
Swabby
Swabby

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leo, wish you the best with whatever you are dealing with.
Everyone ......nice we can talk about more than our boats...great bond, looking forward to slower times and more boat talk.
Talk to you soon,
Andy.... out
Commodore Dewey
Swabby
Swabby

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is definetly the time of year. Yesterday I put the finishing touches on Mityrne Too for the winter. The fall was also busy with sports on the weekend so the boat saw limited use. As my winter projects take off I am sure I will be reaching out to all of you for your advice. Here's to a short and warm winter up here in the Northeast.
leokow

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: I'm alive .and thanks Reply with quote

Hey guys , thank you for all the interest in my on going health saga. I'll let you know what happened real quick so I don't waste too much space on the site. A couple of months ago I had a prostate biopsy, the results were negative, thankfully, but I kept getting infections as soon as I would stop taking the anti-biotics that they give you as a precaution. After the third episode of this , each one worse than the previous one , they put me in the hospital on IV anti-biotics for six days, it took 4 days to break the fever and isolate the infection to the prostate itself,they kept me a couple of extra days to get the specific anti biotic as the ones they were giving me were broad spectrum and they needed to get more specific to release me on ones I could take by mouth. So now I have to take Keflex 2000 mg. a day for 21 days to see if it kills this bug.( E-COLI). Then a week after I'm done its back to the doc to make sure the infection doesn't return. If it does then the Prostate has to possibly come out, it seems as though it's exremely difficult to cure a prostate infection. Learn something new every day. The stupid part of all of this is I needed a physical to get my knee fixed and that's where they found the original prostate trouble now it's been months and the knee is still not fixed but they gave me a host of other troubles. That's about it and thanks again for all the concern, I really do appreciate it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pacemaker Boats Forum Index -> Site problems or issues All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: