Pacemaker Boats Forum Index Pacemaker Boats
Information exchange on Pacemaker/Aglas Boats

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking at a 36

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pacemaker Boats Forum Index -> Fiberglass Pacemakers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
showtime
Land lubber
Land lubber

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Looking at a 36 Reply with quote

Hi fella's,

I may have a look at a 1977 36 Sportfish. She's powered by 315 hp Cummins diesels (1991). She is shown in Yachtworld, the only 77 36' Sportfish in NJ with deisels. Although she looks in great shape, the price seems high, even with diesels. Other than the obvious (windows and water damage) what should I be looking for upon first look. I currently own a 32 Bayliner MY, but I grew up on a Pace, my dad owned a 38 Sportfish in the 70's when it was new. I've always wanted to own one as a tribute to my dad and this one looks pretty nice. I look foward to any comments or advice.

Karl
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went andf looked at the boat on yachtworld, to me, 79 thousand seems way too high, you should look at the other 36 footer in sea brigth thats half that price. yes it has 454 gas engines, but it looks to be in good shape from the pictures.
Ask the seller for the inspection report from the surveyor before you buy anything
Terry
showtime
Land lubber
Land lubber

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terry,

How did it look up close? Were the windows done? Stress cracks, water infiltration? I like the galley down models. The gas 36 looks sweet but it's galley up. $39k sounds great and owner sounds desparate to move it. I'll probably looka them both. Thanks.

Karl
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, the boat looks great, alot of work was put into this boat making her a real beauty. The cabin area looks as nice as the pictures on the website, but I think He is asking way too much at 79 thousand.
The other boat I mentioned, I didnt see but found on the yachtworld website after you posted. I was looking for price comparisons for you.
I wont be able to swing a bigger boat, as I am just finishing up the rebuild on my 28 foot pace. My wife thinks I'm nuts because every year, I buy a boat, fix it up, sell it and get a bigger boat, kind of like chasing the holy grail. My 28 footer is a 74 and she handles real nice. I was looking for more cabin space as I like the idea of taking a 2 week cruise to somewhere. My son and I are planning on a trip to Marthas Vineyard next year and a trip down to New York harbor to see the Statue of Liberty. Dont know if it will be one trip or two, but having more living space would be a plus.
For now, its still a dream
Terry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pacemaker Boats Forum Index -> Fiberglass Pacemakers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: