Pacemaker Boats Forum Index Pacemaker Boats
Information exchange on Pacemaker/Aglas Boats

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Heather Ryan II- 1972 38' SF

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amy
Swabby
Swabby

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Heather Ryan II- 1972 38' SF Reply with quote

Rob & Amy

(oooh, yuck...here is the before...& after Very Happy of the galley, the old blue stick on tiles must have been glued down with something from mars, I felt like I was a fly stuck to one of those fly tapes everytime I stepped on the floor, LOL)

(removing the full sz refrig. really opened it up^^^)

(the archways, convection oven and glass top stove added some modern flare...thanks hubby Wink your the best!)

Last edited by Amy on Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
rebait

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amy,

I see that you finally got your computer back. The boat looks great. Wish you the best of luck, but most of all enjoy it.

John
Amy
Swabby
Swabby

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Heather Ryan II Reply with quote

Thanks John...it took me a while to figure out how to post images but I got 'em up...will post some better ones tonight.

Amy Very Happy
leokow

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is one sweet looking boat , good luck with it , you guys are doing a great job !...Leo
I noticed Terry posted you that he thought my top would fit your boat. It would be great if it did but I can see from the pictures that it won't fit , the hard top that is there now would be in the way of the support poles and the material. But it does look like our bridges are the same size which I really find hard to believe since you boat is 10ft. longer than my old one,even though they are the same year.
Amy
Swabby
Swabby

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
We purchased it February 06, Rob and I worked on it in the freezing cold through the winter and had it in the water for June. People were astounded that we were able to get it in the water last year. The guy we purchased it from had multiple projects going on at the same time and the boat was really in disarray. We were over at the marina working every spare chance we had. We still have a lot we want to do. (Time and money, that's what it all boils down to)
It could use paint, it's pretty sun-bleached. We need an enclosure and aren't really fond of the hardtop either. It needs a new system in the head, it was torn out before we purchased it. We just threw a Portable in last year to get us through. (we weren't out enough last year to really need it) Then we have have other little things that need to be done, like getting new hull liner for the V-berth, some wiring stuff, insulating the engine compartment so the generator doesn't blow us out of the boat, LOL! It's continuous. It'd be nice to win the lottery and hire all the work done, but really the journey makes us all appreciate it that much more!
(more pics added above^)
Amy : )
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Amy, My pace needed a new head also. When I got it it still had the old style which dumped right overboard every time you flushed. Cant do that in Long Island sound as its a no dump zone. I went and bought a sealand traveler marine toilet. Its a self contained unit with a built in 9 gallon holding tank. I had to install a pump-out fiting and tap into the fresh water line to flush, but it sits right where my old one sat and I didnt have to try and figure out where to install a holding tank. 2 things about the head I wish were better are the 9 gallons isnt a lot when you got 3x 13 years olds fishing and drinking soda, they tend to fill the tank quickly. and the other is that since the toilet sits on top of the tank, the flush pedal in a little high off the floor if your head had a raised floor where the old toilet sat. It cost me around $700 new, but I'm sure you can find it cheaper.
For the V berth liner and in fact the whole headliner for my boat was bought on ebay as left-over awning material. I havent put it in yet because like you, time and money and a list of things to do that has that near the bottom.
I had talked with Ron earlier about Leo's bridge enclosure for your boat. Ron didnt think it would fit and Leo has posted that your hardtop would interfere with the support poles. You said that you guys didnt really like the hard top and Leo said that the 2 bridge structures look the same as his and my 28 footer. If you guys took measurements and checked with Leo, I'll bet you'll find that they're the same size. I dont know if you want to remove the hard top but heres a chance to get a really good top for a decent price. I would have grabbed it and in fact had told leo in the past I would but I was 2nd on the list of people that had asked for it and while waiting, I really lucked into the full camper enclosure for my boat.
I was playing around with the idea of a hardtop, but kept swinging back and forth because I like the idea of taking the top down and kicking back with my feet up on the bridge railing soaking up the sun while the kids are swimming or fishing or we're just anchored having a cook-out.
Amy
Swabby
Swabby

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's another thing that needs to be done, the headliner is dry-rotting. Ebay has been a great source for some of the items we've needed. We looked into the Sealand system that you have but the holding tank isn't going to fit into the head that easily, it will put our toilet into the doorway of our stateroom. We were also checking out the Vacuflush system as well which is really cool, but a lot of money. Leo's enclosure sounds great but we were kinda picturing maybe a black enclosure, plus we may do something different with the hard top, just haven't come to any conclusions yet. (maybe a lottery ticket is store about now, "you can't win if you don't play" LOL)
By the way, our friend is going to go look at Til Monday tomorrow...the broker hasn't been able to get ahold of the owner though, last I heard he was sailing the Bahamas.
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt know that. I know he lives in Dover NH and you can contact him through the other pacemaker site if you're a member of that site just like you can here with our member (www.pacemakerboatowners.org)
I think his name is Dave
Amy
Swabby
Swabby

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Terry...I sent him an email.
leokow

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Amy & Ron...I didn't know you guys were unhappy with the hardtop that you had, I believe that Terry is correct and the bridges are the same size, so It's just something to consider. I know this next remark may sound self-serving but honestly it's not. Overdue was trimmed in black when I first bought her and the enclosure was going to be black but the canvas guy is the one that talked me out of it . He had me find someone with a black enclosure and ask to go in during the day when the sun was out and see how hot it was compared to the lighter colors. I couldn't believe the difference, it must have been about 20 degrees hotter. I didn't like the light colors so I settled on turning her back to blue as a compromise. The owner of the black one told me he always has to have the windows open because of how much heat it retains. You guys have a whole season ahead of you , so you'll be able to go on different boats to see what suits you best. The top is a big investment and will last a long time also it's great for protecting all the electronics and helm, seems like everything lasts twice as long when you can keep the sun and water off of it. Anyway , whatever you decide to do , you've already done a fantastic amount of work and it looks great good luck with the up-coming season....Leo
Amy
Swabby
Swabby

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input Leo.
We were actually talking about the heat a black enclosure would retain, that's the only drawback, unless your getting into the cooler season. That's a nice price for your enclosure, I almost wish I liked blue more...can you bleach your enclosure out for us, and we'll shoot for white...LOL.
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob and Amy, there is an outlet sale for boating supplies this saturday at Defenders, 42 great neck road, waterford ct (www.defender.com) I'm not going to make it since I'm going to try and finish preping my boat for launch. You might be able to find something there or get some ideas.
Leo is definately right about the heat and a black top. In the august sun, it could get so hot in your bridge while the boat is sitting that some plastic housings could melt, it happened with my brother-in-laws boat, plastic housing holding the stereo melted and when he opened the front cover to turn the radio on, the cover came right off. First thing he alsways did when he was getting ready to go out was take the top down. He tried mounting a 12 volt fan to move the air, but all it did was blow hot air around
Terry
leokow

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys but blue is what I'm stuck with. By theway, while were on the bleach subject, don't ever use it on you top or anything else made of material near the salt water. Before I knew better we tried to get the mildew and bird spots off the white top on our smaller boat , the following season the top fell apart as all the threading dissolved the first time it got wet again. It seems that the bleach and the salt water make a real nasty acid like combination in the stitching, expensive lesson, the little boat now has an aqua marine colored top.LOL Would have saved a few buck and a lot of agravation had we asked the topmaker about that first. There is some great stuff out that removes mildew from material without bleach , we bought some last year and it is great , when I get to NJ this weekend I'll get the name and post for everyone. It's really convienient to use inside the cabin and bridge as you don't have to flood everything with water. C you all later, have a great weekend...Leo
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah and dont use tilex either, my wife is still upset with the t-shirts I got that are blue and white from spraying my boat down with that stuff to kill all of the mold when I first got it, lol!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pacemaker Boats Forum Index -> Pictures All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: