Pacemaker Boats Forum Index Pacemaker Boats
Information exchange on Pacemaker/Aglas Boats

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi Rebait

View previous topic :: View next topic  
waverunner
Swabby
Swabby

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Hi Rebait Reply with quote

I know what you mean by breaking out another thousand! I have spent in one year, more than what I paid for the boat and the way it looks I will be spending alot more in the next five years. The thing is that you can't take it with you so you might as well invest it in something you love to do!
Don
rebait

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don,
Don,

I know what you mean about spending more than you paid for a boat (or an old car). So that it doesn't seem that you are spending too much, do what I do. Don't keep a close track on what you spend. Try to pay cash. When going to the bank to take money out for a home project, take out extra. ( example: Wife: " That lawn cost a small fortune to lime, fertilize,and reseed. Do you have the receipt?" Answer: " I know, I also had to get weed preventer, Round Up, one of the low voltage lights needed replacement, 3 sprinkler heads, peat moss and I think I left the receipt on the table or counter. Maybe one of the kids was cleaning up and threw it away." Score: Lawn $ 60.00, Boat $240.00. I know that my wife probably knows, but this is a game we have played for over 25yrs and neither of us will admit it. That's my story and I am sticking to it.

John
leokow

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good story , John, now explain how you found all that teak for the swim platform in the dump while you were there dropping off dead shrubs and weeds!!LOL....Leo
rebait

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leo,

It goes like this, Look what some dummy threw out. My wife would most likely answer: Yeah, and the dummy who is trying to put one over on this dummy left the price tags on it.

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pacemaker Boats Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: