Pacemaker Boats Forum Index Pacemaker Boats
Information exchange on Pacemaker/Aglas Boats

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

INTRODUCTIONS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MICKEY
Swabby
Swabby

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: INTRODUCTIONS Reply with quote

HI, MY NAME IS MICKEY, I LIVE IN CAPE CORAL, FL. I OWN A 32 FT EXPRESS CRUISER THAT I'M IN THE PROCESS OF RESTORING. FOUND THE WORD BOAT IS THE ABBREVATION FOR BREAK OUT ANOTHER THOUSAND. HAHA. Laughing I WAS A MEMBER OF THE PREVIOUS SITE BUT NEVER HAD A CHANCE TO POST. THE BOAT IS 1976 MODEL, NEED WINDOWS, NEW DECK AFT, AND A FEW OTHER THINGS. GLAD YOU FIRED UP THE NEW WEB PAGE FOR ALL US CRAZY PEOPLE THAT LOVE THE PACEMAKER BOATS.
THANKS
MICKEY
merwin10
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Welcome aboard! Reply with quote

Welcome aboard! Micky

Well yes you are among the crazies! Nice to hear from you we are all here and glad you were able to find us! If you have questions just ask them and I am sure someone will answer. Join in any time and hope to be hearing from you

Mike -
leokow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Mickey ! Welcome to the asylum, I think the first words out of every members mouth are "I need windows"so don't feel alone. BTW how did you find this site, just curious ?....Leo
MICKEY
Swabby
Swabby

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Introductions Reply with quote

well thats a long story, my main computer went so i bought a new one. then i found out i had to relocate all of my favorites all over again. so i typed in pacemaker, got a lot of unwanted info but i was able to find this wonderful site for all us crazies with pacemaker boats. info also if you need a pacemaker for your heart as well!! this site has a wealth of info that we all can use in the restoration of our pride & joy. enough for now.
mickey
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard Mikey, Hey how about sending some of that nice warm air from Florida to me here in frozen CT?
rebait

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mickey,

Thanks for filling Terry's request for some warmer weather. The forcast for N.J. is to hit into the 40's. Sure beats the single digits and 20's we have had for the rest of this month. The high for today in my area was 26. By the way welcome aboard.

John
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, you owe me, I was supposed to get all of that warm air!, better yet, share it with Leo, so he can get going on his boat since I'm sure he's sick of working on the kitchen right Leo?
MICKEY
Swabby
Swabby

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: INTRODUCTIONS Reply with quote

Well hope you guys are warm, it was 36 here in cape coral, fl on monday morning, and this morning it was 42. by wed afternoon should be back up to about 80's. I sure hope so i've had all the winter driving in the snow and ice i ever want to and then some. At least you fellas don't have the hurricanes up there to deal with in the summer. Got hit by charlie in 04 and then willma in 05, thats enough for us for a long time. enough for now, hope you guys have an early spring!!
mickey
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today it hit 40 degrees, much warmer than the 0 -10 degrees we've been having. The marina has had the bubblers running full time for the boats still in the water. the river still froze between the fingers where there was no bubblers. The cove going out to the sound looks like its frozen solid going out about 60 feet or so, I havent seen it like that for a few years. I guess we are paying for early Jan. when you could go out in a t-shirt
rebait

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terry,

Well we can't complain about this weather. Big change over yesterday. Last week when it was cold, I was stuck outside most of the time. Today I was in the shop and did not realize how nice it was until late in the afternoon. January was a gift. I don't want to jinx us but we are having some problems with 2 out of 3 plow trucks. Beware of March. Anything can happen.

John
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont I know it, I remember one year as a kid, cleaning the yard around my moms flowers with her the day before easter and then getting up on easter to a blizzard. If you are a believer of the old farmers almanac, then we're due for a nor'easter on Feb. 27th and 28th, then it says an early spring (at least for zone 2 where live)
yes I was happy for early Jan. weather, saved a ton of money on oil, laughed at all of the people who locked in on their oil prices and ended payimg more for the oil than the going rate. Ok for now, its heavy coat time and any inside work that can be done for me
rebait

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Almamac was not that far off. We had the storm the 25th / 26th. I put a long day in on Monday. If the Easter you are talking about was the Easter of 1978, I remember that one well. I am a volunteer fireman and we had a house fire that morning. It was one of the coldest alarms that I remember. Hopefully the weather will be warming up.
Rob
Mate
Mate

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember that Easter storm. It had to be around 1971, I lived in New Haven Ct. and all of the people that came over for dinner were stuck over night.
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the easter was in the 70's probably around 71 or 72. It was a funny kind of easter since I had gotten a little sunburn working in the yard the day before. It started out as a light snow falling and lept getting heavier and heavier. Within a few hours, eveything was covered in a foot or more of snow. Hope to never see that again. Weatherman says we're due for warm temps and rain, Farmers Amanac agrees. Hopefully, this last storm is it nad nothing but rain and warmer temps for Us here in the northeast. I'm getting so itchy to take the boat out for a spin. 32 days till launching begins. I have to paint the bottom, put the swim platform on and she can go right in, Man I cant wait!!!!
Rob
Mate
Mate

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I'm ready, I've had enough winter too. Good thing is that Spring is right around the corner. I have a lot more then that to do to my boat, but I'll enjoy every minute of that. It's just going to me nice to be able to hang around the marina without a winter coat and a heater running. My favorite part is uncovering the boat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pacemaker Boats Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: