Pacemaker Boats Forum Index Pacemaker Boats
Information exchange on Pacemaker/Aglas Boats

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

new member requesting permission to come aboard

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chasjr1450
Land lubber
Land lubber

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: new member requesting permission to come aboard Reply with quote

Hi, I have recently purchase a 1976 40ft? rear aft cabin Pacemaker, twin 440 chy gas 6.5 gen .I want to remodel and live aboard permanmently, she has been on the hill for 2 yrs. starboad rear strut , and rudder gone have no information on her so any would be greatly appeicated, I want to reprower her to deisel , she has a hattras flying bridge
merwin10
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Welcome aboard! Reply with quote

Charles - Welcome aboard - Sounds like you got a bit of work to do - Don't know how much you have budgeted for the refit but I will tell you that Diesels are a very expensive conversion on a boat of that size - Remember it is just not the engines it is the fuel system, filters, generator, controls, build up of the stringers for the added weight, you might even have to do some hull modifications - You are much better off sticking with gas and up grading them -

You are going to want to take a close look at al the windows in the boat - Window are the number one issue with these boats the wood around and under them is usually rotted -

Now for the interior most of us have found that when doing the interiors over we spend a great deal of time rewiring these older boats to bring them up to todays ABYC standards - The actual cabinets and wood working is the easy part -

Well any way welcome aboard and if you have any questions please feel free to ask away -

Oh by the way the strut and rudder can be purchased at Buck Algonquin® Marine Parts - Rudders -

Mike -
Administrator -
chasjr1450
Land lubber
Land lubber

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: thank you Reply with quote

thank you for the advice about my windows and yes they are pouring and not leaking , I was trying to get any and all information as what the correct name was for my boat, it looks just like the one vinnie 999 has , i tried to email him but no answer
rebait

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charles,

I agree with Mike on the diesel conversion. I forget what the formula was for figuring how many hours run time it took to just break even for the difference in price between gas or diesel, but I was surprised at the high amount of hours. Most of the new gas setups are much more fuel efficient than their counterparts from just a few years ago and the performance with fuel injection is unbelievable. Just something else to think about. Good luck and may your seas be calm.

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pacemaker Boats Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: