Pacemaker Boats Forum Index Pacemaker Boats
Information exchange on Pacemaker/Aglas Boats

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The fun begins

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pacemaker Boats Forum Index -> Boating in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawn_carlson
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: The fun begins Reply with quote

Well, I'm in and she floats... most surprisingly she runs. Just finsihing off a few things (replacing shower pump, fixing horn, moving a running light) and I will be off and running.

I had a few bumps getting her in, but nothing major. I asked them not to launch my boat until I got there (I needed to replace the batteries). I arrived at the yard on saturday (5/16) am around 7 ish and my boat was already on the trailer. They don't open until 9:00 so I figured no big deal. I have time to run and get the batteries. Well, I get back around 8:30 and the boat is in. Okay, also no big deal... Well, one of the gaskets on my salt water intake was bad (partially my fault, should have checked it.) Water was streaming in a good rate. Bilge pump could have taken care of it, but batteries were dead (new ones still in my car). The easiest solution would have been to shut off the seacock, but apparently the sound of running water doesn't mean anything to the yard hands. It was so loud I actually heard it as soon as I got out of car. I'm stunned they missed it.

Long story short I hopped on, turned off the seacock (leak stopped), threw in the new batteries and all was well. Good thing I didn't arrive an hour later.

How did everyone else make out?
rebait

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shawn,

I am glad that everything worked out alright. I don't think that I would use that yard again. In April I pulled my exhaust manifolds off. Between working every Saturday, weddings, graduations, lousy weather, I have not touched the Wahoo. I have been out fishing once with the 18' on Memmorial Day. The manifolds are painted and ready to go. I am off the first week in July and it WILL BE IN THE WATER. That weekend I have my neice's wedding in Virginia.

Good Luck, John
shawn_carlson
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Busy schedule. With all the rain I don' think you missed much.

As far as the yard, you take the good with the bad. It just supports my belief that you should never let them launch your boat without you there. I can't tell you how many boats I see go in without the owner in sight, but to each his own.

Good luck with finishing up the Wahoo.

Shawn
rebait

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shawn,

The good news is that we are not working Saturday. Here is my schedule for the weekend: Friday Night-40th wedding aniversary(GOOD FRIENDS), Saturday Morning- Fishing on the Dixie, Afternoon- Neighbor's College Graduation, Evening-Sister-in-law's 50th Birthday Party. Sunday-Morning- Fishing on the Dixie, MANIFOLDS ON THE WAHOO !!!

May your boat run smooth and strong and TIGHT LINES, John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pacemaker Boats Forum Index -> Boating in General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: