Pacemaker Boats Forum Index Pacemaker Boats
Information exchange on Pacemaker/Aglas Boats

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GHOST STORY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pacemaker Boats Forum Index -> Non - Boating Related
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rebait

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: GHOST STORY Reply with quote

As I posted before how we had a large work load for TS Hanna. By Friday night the crew that I had was really tired. Our custodian, who is 57 and has been with us for 34yrs and is a hard worker. There was a mess in the office because the ceiling tiles were replaced. We also use him to drive the mechanics back if we have to deliver trucks to different locations. He is VERY SUPERSTITIOUS. Around 9pm Friday, I met him on the shop floor by the office and he was visibly shook up. I asked him what was wrong and he told me that he thinks that a ghost is in the office. He explained to me that he was cleaning by a computer and he heard a "wooo" noise and it felt like someone was next to him and behind him. Definitely a presence breathing on his neck. So I did what a responsible supervisor in charge would do. I told him that "I ain't afraid of no ghost", so I went with him to the storeroom, got a tyvek coat, a broom and handed him a box. He asked me what the box was for. I told him that we have to put the ghost somewhere. I asked him to show me where he found the ghost. Reluctantly he took me there. At first no sound. And then the "wooo" sound followed by the ghost breathing on our necks. I never saw a grown man shake like that. I then "captured the ghost". Recently we had a new HVAC system installed that is much more powerful than the old one. It turned out to be a blower motor and a vent that he never heard or felt before. He said that he felt stupid and asked me not to tell anyone. I agreed, but Eddie (the custodian) thought it was a funny story and told everyone. We all had a good laugh and it seemed to wake everyone up and we finished the shift.

You can't make this up. I go on for hours about different characters that worked there through the years.

Can anyone top that story?

John
leokow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You had my undivided attention right to the very end !!! I needed a good laugh. Leo
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good one John. I guess we all have had similar stories. I had a guy working for me who couldnt figure out why his oven was working right. We looked at it and come to find out, he had left it on and another worker had shut it off and flipped switches that normally wouldnt be shut off. We called the company that makes the oven in to fix it and boy what a surprise when he turned it on and everything worked. The repair guy showed me what had happened and the co-worker still says the repair guy was a genius ( I never told him that he wasnt turning on all of the switches!!!)
rebait

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terry,

That is a good one. Here's another: This episode took place 15yrs ago when I was carpooling with 2 co-workers, Jim & Joe that have since retired. Joe was and still is a very loud, flashy, show off type guy. Jim is an instigator. We always had a lot of laughs, especially when Joe showed off. Joe bought a new Mercury Grand Marquis. The best part about this story is that we all worked in garages, both mechanical and auto body and Joe at the time had over 35yrs work experience and he refused to wear his seat belt. As he was driving to work one morning, he remarked that his "check engine light" stayed on for a long time and if we were not in a rush to get home he would like to have the dealer look at it. We agreed and never regreted it. When we reached the dealer, Joe did not disappoint us. He said as we pulled up,"I'll show you guys how to handle these jerks in the service dept." in a very loud voice that had people turning their heads to see what the commotion was about. This is a very large and busy dealership. The 3 of us walked up to the desk and the writer was very courteous and kept his cool as Joe got louder because of the attention he was getting. A young tech was sent out to check the car with Joe at his heels starting to be abusive and LOUD. There was a bench by the car, so Jim and I decided to sit down and observe. The tech started up the car, he turned to Joe very politely and said, "Sir the check engine light is not on." Joe answered back very loud, "What are you? A f!@#%&$* idiot, it is plain as day! Only a total a!@# !@#$ could miss it!" The tech calmly answered back, "Sir, that is your FASTEN YOUR SEATBELT LIGHT". Jim and I took off around the building to have a good laugh and to discuss how to mess with Joe. We decided to make like we saw nothing and get his version. As we got back in the car, Jim asked him how he made out with the car. Joe told us that the tech had to reset the computer and that is a common problem. Jim said that he was quick and he should have given him at least a $20 tip. I looked over to the dash and I told Joe that the check engine light was on again. His answer to me was, "What are you stupid? That is the seat belt light". Whenever I see Jim we still laugh about that day.

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pacemaker Boats Forum Index -> Non - Boating Related All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: