Pacemaker Boats Forum Index Pacemaker Boats
Information exchange on Pacemaker/Aglas Boats

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Launch Date

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pacemaker Boats Forum Index -> Boating in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawn_carlson
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Launch Date Reply with quote

It looks like spring might finally arrive this week. I'm hoping to get the plastic off and throw on some bottom paint this weekend. It will be nice to just drop the boat in for a change. I'm hoping to get in before May 1st.

What about the rest of you?
jschof76
Swabby
Swabby

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am right along with you Shawn, it has been a long winter, I will help get Dads Pace in before mine(I wish I had his Pace, although my Four Winns is nice), I figure first or second week in May for his, and June for me, baby on the way I hope the baby likes the boat!!! Smile
rebait

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you ever notice that when you put it away with everything working, the gremlims sneak in during the winter to mess something up? I am just wondering what may be in store from me. Everything worked when I put it away. Hopefully all I have to do is upgrade some wiring, ( I can't decide on what single color to run it all. Maybe I will wire it all in yellow. It may look sharp. Only Kidding) Everyone, the best of luck this season.

John
rebait

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jschof76,

The best of luck with the new baby and I am sure that the baby will love the boat. Start them young and teach them right, it will pay dividends later in life. It seems that you and your Dad have a good relationship. Pass it down to the Newbie.

John
shawn_carlson
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, boating semms to be hereditary (2nd generation pace owner, 3rd generation boater). Best of luck with the baby.
jschof76
Swabby
Swabby

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, should be a great season!!
merwin10
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drop in Day April 1, 2009

Bummed!
Mike -
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the boat launched today, what a mess!! The cable clamp for the stbd engine broke allowing the cable to come out of the holder after I had shifted both engines into reverse to back away from the launch dock. When I shifted into forward to swing the bow, I started rotating in a circle nailing the dock with the bow Sad No damage except to my ego as there were too many witnesses to hide what happened. Got the boat tied up and then we pulled it into a vacant slip next to the dock and I got a new cable clamp and then finished going up river to my slip
merwin10
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terry -

To steal a Forest Gump line "S?!T Happens"

Mike - Wink
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

after I posted, I remembered Leo having a problem launching last year. Seems like everyone will have this problem sooner or later. I had gone through the whole boat, never thought to check the controls. I will hear about this for the whole season or until someone else does something worse. Good news was I was only at 1100 rpm so speed was too slow to do any damage.
I'm heading down now to check the boat out, something I do every year the day after launch. I will take her out to the last channel buoy nice and slow with the engine hatches open watching and listening for any gremlins that may have snuck in during the winter. then I'll bring her back to the dock and fix whatever the shakedown cruise shows needs fixing. There always seems to be something that needs attention. Thats why I started doing these test runs. Maybe this year I found out right away!!!!
rebait

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terry,

Maybe if you are lucky that will be the only gremlin. I have been so busy with other non boating or fishing commitments that I have not had a chance to take the cover off. I am shooting for the first weekend in June. Two months later than normal but I will live with it. Now it is off to do yard work and my neices birthday party this afternoon. By the way, my brother in law (where the party is) doesn't have his SeaRay in the water either.
Everyone, have a safe, trouble free, fun season.

John
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, not too bad, 1 small leak from the tranny cooler hose that just needed to be tightened. Sure felt good to be out, just wish the weather was better
merwin10
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Terry -

I am surprized at you, one of my pre-water checks is touch every clamp on the boat! I check for rust and tightness! Don't forget those seacocks! This started about 25 years ogo when I did not check the clamps on the exhuast Y because they where to hard to get too and they where in a protected area! To my surprize both stainless steel clamps had rusted off at the clamp! Did not notice it until I heard this loud exhaust noise and smell in the cabin! ended up with 10 inches of water in the bilge! That was not ever going to happen again!

Mike - Rolling Eyes
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Mike, I guess I deserved to be lectured. The loose connection was on the engine I had to replace last year (port engine0 after the first one spun a few bearings. I did all of my pre launch checks, oil, water, tranny fluid, etc. Started the engines on the hose and let them warm up checking for leaks. Cleaned the battery cables, but not once did I check to see if there were any loose clamps or hoses. I normally check these when running since usually they are under pressure and will show leakage better. I didnt see the trannny leak until after I got back to the dock and was checking the bilge pumps and saw the fluid in the water. Thats when I checked the dipsticks and saw the port tranny was at the low mark, about 1/2 quart. since these fittings are not easy to get at, I had installed them before putting the engine in. The bottom hose took about 3/4 of a turn to tighten. Now I got to clean the bilges to get the tranny fluid out. I threw in 4 of the oil absorbent pillows and hope they will keep the fluid from being pumped out into the river until I can get down with my shop vac and suck the bilges dry. With all this rain being predicted, I really dont want the bilge pump to spew this stuff into the river
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pacemaker Boats Forum Index -> Boating in General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: