Pacemaker Boats Forum Index Pacemaker Boats
Information exchange on Pacemaker/Aglas Boats

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BILGE PUMP LOCATION(S) FROM THE FACTORY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pacemaker Boats Forum Index -> Fiberglass Pacemakers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rebait

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: BILGE PUMP LOCATION(S) FROM THE FACTORY Reply with quote

The one thing that puzzles my about my 26' Wahoo. It only has one bilge pump that is mounted in the stern. I know that when the boat is under way the water moves to the stern. Since the hull slopes down in the bow and the water when the boat is docked runs to the bow, why wasn't a second pump installed at the factory. I spoke to the previous owners and they said that it never had a second. There is no evidence that there was ever one mounted in the bow. I am installing one for the coming season. I was just wondering if anyone with a 26' Wahoo or any 26' Pacemaker or Alglass has a second bilge pump from the factory.

John
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey John, You asked this months ago and no one answered. My 28 footer has 2 pumps with one up front for when I'm docked and another located behind the engines by the rudder control arm for when I'm up on plane. The thru-hull drain is located right in the middle of the transom. Check your stringers to make sure the drains are clear between the different bilges. a few of mine were plugged with sludge preventing any water in the engine bilges from draining
Terry
merwin10
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the pacemakers built water collects in the forward bilge! Mine came from the factory with a pump mounted in the deepest spot in the forward bilge. the outlet is above the boot stripe on the starboard side. It would seem that it was an over sight in the wahoo design as the water would have to get every deep before the aft pump would come on and even then it would not pump all the water out! I would say install one this season with a float switch in the deepest forward bilge.

Look at it this way it will save you money as the salt water won't be splashing on the drive components when you start moving forward. This is the reason many have issues with oil pans rusting out and loads of bottom end rust.

Mike -
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, The rear bilge pump on my boat never works unless I'm on plane. With the bow up, all the water in the bilge runs towards the back, down the center bilge between the 2 engines and collects in the bilge below the rudder control arm. I assumed that this was a stock set-up from Pacemaker.
John, Look at the right side where Mike says as my forward pump also discharges just above the stripe and right next to the galley sink drain
merwin10
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terry -

Me too, my rear bilge pump never works! If the water was high enough to make the float switch come on it would be over the floor boards in the forward berth. Not only that but it would never be able to bring the bilge water down below the floor boards. Basicly it is to keep the boat from sinking! Yep the water will go back when on plane but hopefully it never will! forward pump will take care of it before then. I actually have 4 pumps two forward one aft one in the engine room of 200 GPM that is for the big hole! Discharges thru a 2" HOSE. also used for the bait tank! I rigged it with two valves one goes to the thru hull for the bait tank the other goes to a strainer pickup in the bilge! Close the thru hull open the bilge valve and the water diappears in a quick fashion!

Mike -
rebait

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, Terry:

The only dicharge on the starboard side is the drain for the cooler seat in front of the console. The discharge for the stern bilge pump is on the stern. The bilge pump comes on when docked whenever I stand on the swim platform. The water collects in the bow and that bothers me, so one of the first tasks in the next couple of weeks is to install a bilge pump in the bow. Why no one ever installed one in 30 yrs. is beyond me.

John
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, shouldnt be too hard to install one I find it hard to believe that there wasnt one installed by Pacemaker
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pacemaker Boats Forum Index -> Fiberglass Pacemakers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: