Pacemaker Boats Forum Index Pacemaker Boats
Information exchange on Pacemaker/Aglas Boats

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

new short update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pacemaker Boats Forum Index -> For the Good of the Order
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leokow

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: new short update Reply with quote

Thank you all again for the thoughts and prayers. I brought Danielle home on Friday nite,the 150 mile car trip was a little rough on her but we made it ok. there have been a few good days and a couple of really bad ones but over all things are coming along well. Our first appointment back at the burn center is the 23rd.

Thank you all, again....Leo
rebait

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leo,

That is encouraging news. Don't hesitate if anything is needed.

John
Morning Wood
Swabby
Swabby

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God bless her. Our prayers for a speedy recovery.
leokow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all ,again....I just got back into Philly this morning to try to srtaighten out some things here and in NJ then on tues.I'll go back down for another month. I thought things were going to get a little easier as time went by, but believe it or not it's tougher dealing with all of this at her home than it was in the Hospital. It's a 2 hour deal 3 times a day just changing all the dressings, plus all nite long giving the medications, not that I mind doing the work it just breaks my heart the whole time I'm looking at her and as long as she's alert I can't show any emotions or she goes off the deep end. This truly is the toughest thing I've ever had to do in my life, I wouldn't wish this on anyone. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers....Leo
Morning Wood
Swabby
Swabby

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She is very fortunate to have a Daddy like you. I am sure she is every bit as tough as you are. You hang in there. I live on the Eastern Shore of Maryland but I could make a trip if you need some help. I took care of my wife when she was in bed for a while. I can change dressings with the best of em. Leo you take care.
Jim
leokow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much ,JIM. But, what can I say about an offer like that.
It was extremely generous of you, thank you so much. I think I can handle thing, I believe I just realy needed a place to vent some of my frustrations and as usual everyone on this site is very understanding and compasionate. Again , thank you for the offer, if I get over whelmed I'll consider your offfer, hopefully we'll get good news when we go back to the hospital next thurs. and things will get a little easier.
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leo, If there is anything I can do to help just ask, even if its just lending an ear. If there is something that needs to be taken care of but you cant get to it because of your being needed to help your daughter, again just ask and I'll help as much as possible
Terry
Morning Wood
Swabby
Swabby

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leo,
Same goes here. If you need an ear to vent to I am here. My wife lost both her parents to Cancer within 8 months of each other. We understand the need to vent or talk or whatever we can give. Just a phone call away.
410 860 4601. Please don't hesitate. My wife was a nurse and her mother was an Emergency Room nurse. She understands to an extenrt what you might be going through. I am sure it is doubly tough seeing your baby girl going through pain. Just know there are folks willing to help. Just don't let it get you. We are praying for you both. Take care.
Jim & Victoria Wilson
leokow

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't fair I'm suppossed to be the tough guy and reading these posts has brought tears to my eyes, thank you all so very much and I will keep everyone of you in mind as we continue this newest set of problems, again, thank you all, I just can't put into words how you all have made me feel. When I get back to my daughters' house I'm going to let her read some of these posts, hoping it will help to strengthen her resolve to get better. I'm almost more worried about her mental state than her physical at this point, needless to say , she is very ,very, depressed, and the narcotics aren't helping to make things easier in the mind department.
Again, thank you all very ,very much....Leo
Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry to hear of the misfortune Leo, We love our kid's more then life itself and when they are hurt in anyway no cure can come quick enough.
marks garage
Swabby
Swabby

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leo, very sorry to read this thread. If there is anything I can help you with, just let me know. Mark
merwin10
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leo, Our prays are with you and your daughter to come out of this in one piece! I know it is hard being the tough guy but you need to be for your daughter sake! Yes the pain that we feel when someone you know has a crisis like this stays in the forefront thru out the day. Yes I have seen many burn victims and the worst is the mental state, thing positive thoughts and keep her sprits up, a positive attitude speeds up recovery. Our days problems seem so trivial as compared to what you are going thru. We wish you all the best and pray for better days for you and your daughter. Sometimes it is best to vent and here you have a bunch of friends that are understanding and ready and willing to listen! So vent!!

Mike -
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leo,
Is it possible you could supply an address so I could send her a card or something to help keep her spirits up?
Terry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pacemaker Boats Forum Index -> For the Good of the Order All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: