Pacemaker Boats Forum Index Pacemaker Boats
Information exchange on Pacemaker/Aglas Boats

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'm buying a 1969 28' Alglas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pacemaker Boats Forum Index -> Aglas - Pacemaker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeremiah
Swabby
Swabby

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: I'm buying a 1969 28' Alglas Reply with quote

The end of next week I'm buying a 1969 28' Alglas and I was wondering if anyone knew what the draft is on the boat? It was a commercial fishing boat and looks like it had twins and they installed a single screw 3208Cat 375hp. Also are you guys happy with how the boats ride? Its been flat down here in south Florida and when i seatrialed it the other day the seas where only 1-2ft out. If anyone could help thank you much. I dont know much about alglas boats but i fell in love with the lines of it so i had to buy it and im sure everyone here feels the same. have a great weekend... Jeremiah
pacemakertom
Land lubber
Land lubber

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: 28 Alglas Reply with quote

Draft is somewhere around 26" to 30"
Great well built boats
Good luck
Tom

Tom Stock
1978 Pacemaker Concept 30 Sportfish
Jeremiah
Swabby
Swabby

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks Tom for the info, I cant wait until next week...
merwin10
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Buying a boat Reply with quote

Jeremiah -

Sounds like you may have found a diamond in the rough - One thing make sure that you get the boat surveyed by a independent surveyor - Next take it for a sea trial - during the sea trail I am sure that the owner will want to show you its performance - Make surre you spend some time backing and driving the boat slow particularily if the boat was converted from twin engines to single large engine - There is allot of engineering that has to be considered when doing a conversion like that - If it was not done right you will have all kinds of problems - which may be why the boat is for sale - Good Luck and be careful -

Mike - Smile
leokow

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremiah, I agree with Merlin 100%,there had to be a lot of re-construction done to change a twin to a large single. Please be carefull, and spend the few bucks to let a surveyor look at the boat . I would want to look at this boat in and out of the water, especially the bottom. I also have a 28' that's a 1972 and it drew around 30" with twin chryslers in it.
Inow have a 31 also and it to draws 30 inches, with twin 350 crusaders....Good Luck And don't think with your emotions, let someone without an interest look at that boat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pacemaker Boats Forum Index -> Aglas - Pacemaker All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: