Pacemaker Boats Forum Index Pacemaker Boats
Information exchange on Pacemaker/Aglas Boats

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lookout

View previous topic :: View next topic  
acabedo
Mate
Mate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Lookout Reply with quote

Thanks for the info on this new site, got wonderful info and advice from everyone on the last one, sure this will be excellent too!
Names Adrian, imported my Wahoo 26' from Cape Cod area to Gibraltar a couple of years ago, mainly to try for giant bluefin in the strait of Gibraltar as well as bonito and bottom fishing. Actually, not much to fish for here anymore, too many commercial operations in the area!
Replaced the Tamd40 with a KAD 32 a couple of months ago, had lots of problems with the boat starting with the broker, surveyor, freight people etc. Still slowly getting there the new (reconditioned) engine nearly works!!! Any way well done and I look forward to being a useful part of the forum as more problems arise.

[/img]
merwin10
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Wahoo! Reply with quote

Adrian -

Glad you where able to find us at our new site - So you ended up replacing the engine after all I remember the discussions on the overheating problems of the old engine - Did the performance improve any? - Well glad to have you here - hope to be hearing from you!

Mike - Very Happy
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Adrian, Glad to hear from you again! Sounds like you got most of your overheating problems taken care of.
Hows the fishing on the other side of the big pond?
Terry
changeofpace Very Happy
acabedo
Mate
Mate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...funny you should ask! Actually we haven't done too much fishing, partly because all the fish seem to be on holiday, (probably over your way!) and almost every time we went out the boat/engine ( the new reconditioned one), just didn't want to play. The supercharger went ballistic, then the turbo went on strike etc etc, too long and depressing a story. Should have renamed the boat sods law! Still, the reality is that every minute at sea is a real pleasure, any fish are a bonus, though....from time to time, it wouldn't be asking too much... maybe I need a hand from the experts over there!! That's an open invitation...
neverending

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Fishing the med Reply with quote

I've done a fair amount of fishing in the Mediterranean, mostly, Italy, Sardegna, Corsica, and the Adriatic. I've always had pretty good luck there, and learned a lot from a friend and Luhrs skipper in Naples. Probably the most fun I had was doing deep-drop for Pezzogna (sea bream).

For a time, he and I were the exclusive distributors of Accurate Big Game fishing reels in Europe and had a few customers in Gibraltar. They liked the 130's there. Probably the reason you're having trouble finding the giant bluefin now Wink

Welcome to the forum.
rebait

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see someone else with a 26Wahoo. Mine is a 1978 with a Crusader 350 260 hp. It is tired and I am freshening up another 350 to install this early spring / late winter. I want to be back in the water in April. Good Luck.

John
acabedo
Mate
Mate

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

me too John, they seem scarce, but they are great boats. Mine has been "chopped" underneath, and been converted to inboard/outboard with a Volvo 290 outdrive, great for performance (I think) but removing the keel really affects the handling!
On the (previous) subject of my engine, it's now all sorted and running like a dream for the first time in a year and a half!
Turns out it was a combination of things: bad fuel filtration, there was even an inch long flying ant stuck in the filter, together with a variety of other muck from the tank. The over revving was as a result of a belt that was too narrow and was spinning the alternator faster than it should and a loose banjo nut on the smoke controller. I'm not sure how but sorting all these things has finally done it! Now, where the hell are those fish!
merwin10
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrian,

If you have already please post the solutions to your engine problems solutions under the topic so we all can learn from your experience -

Thanks Again

Mike - Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pacemaker Boats Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: