Pacemaker Boats Forum Index Pacemaker Boats
Information exchange on Pacemaker/Aglas Boats

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More info on History of Pacemaker

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aboatbum
Land lubber
Land lubber

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:43 am    Post subject: More info on History of Pacemaker Reply with quote

Somewhere awhile back I ran into the complete history of Pacemaker, It was more info packed then what Mike posted, I'll do my best to try and find it again. I'am in Iraq now but I'll be home for R&R in August and I'll look it up. I think it was in an old magazine or boat brokers book. It went into what happened after the NJ plant closed and who bought it and sold it again and again until it ended up in Fla. where it is now. Also found an interesting article about Mr. Leak (later he changed his name to Leek. because leak wasn;t a good name for boat business) He came over from the old country and started boat building in the new england area. Mr Leek built very top of the line custom wood boats. His son or grandson was the one who started Egg Harbor and Pacemaker. But i will do some research and see what I can add. Also anyone know where there is a 44-49 ft aft cabin Pacemaker wth good hull let me know. I have twin diesels/ genny and everything else to go into it, Just need a good hull. Or at least better then mine, Found a hull in New Orleans area but after contacting the man, he said the hull had been cracked all the way through the frame and keel when they brought it back up from sinking at the dock. His determination was it was not fixable. Had my hopes up for that one. But
I'll keep looking or fix the 44 ft I have now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pacemaker Boats Forum Index -> General note All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: