Pacemaker Boats Forum Index Pacemaker Boats
Information exchange on Pacemaker/Aglas Boats

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Access Water Tank

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OurAdventure
Swabby
Swabby

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Access Water Tank Reply with quote

We just picked up a 76 32 flybridge... will someone PLEASE tell me how you gain access to the water tank?
merwin10
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wellll!! Pacemakers depending on the models has access via a hatch section - Now that said the hatch most likely is a large section of the floor! OF course the floor has a cover either hard wood or carpet so it will have to be removed - On the 36 it is the entire passage way from the engines to the front berthing area with broze screws about every 6" which were corroded, most just snapped off - I twas a real pain to get too!! - Pacemaker was famous for these hatch in the oddest places! in cabinets, walls and under draws - if any covering was ever used you most likely would not know the hatch was there - So you need to look around and possible tear things appart -

By the way why do you need access to the water tank!

Mike - Rolling Eyes
OurAdventure
Swabby
Swabby

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: I had that bad feeling Reply with quote

I took (my wife did ) off all the old tile but did not see
a hatch that would life up. I'm used to sailboats where you
can see and just lift the hatch off.

I'd never heard of screwing a floor down 8-(

Looks like I'll be making a lot of "sailboat" type
changes to make things easier

I was looking for access so I can look at areas
where I can install two 30 gal water tanks. Right now
I'm thinking of using two blader tanks. One on each
side in front of the fuel tanks.

Thanks for the info... Now I've got to tell the wife
the flooring she just put down gets to come back up

8-( Jim (Our Adventure)
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my 28 foot pace, the water tank is located right in the middle of the fantail. At the rear of the engine compartment. There are 2 wooden supports that bolt from the deck to the stringers and its behind them. My fill valve is located in the middle of the fantail and the tank is directly under that. I suppose you probably thought about trying to follow the hose from the fill back to the tank?
Terry
OurAdventure
Swabby
Swabby

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject: Water tank access Reply with quote

On my 32', the water tank is located "somewhere" under the galley floor.

My wife just sanded, cleaned, and put new tile down... hinesite says I should have looked for any screws (covered or otherwise) to located an access panel...

Now I can make her mad and rip up her new tile or just put in 2 blatter tanks, one in front of each fuel tank... ins't life grand 8-)
rebait

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would: #1 Compliment my wife for a FANTASTIC JOB. #2 Install the bladder tanks and keep quiet.

John
merwin10
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim -

YEP! If I were you I would not pull up the newly laid floor either - could be grounds for devorce - Just go with the bladder tanks!

Mike - Embarassed
gemini
Swabby
Swabby

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my 1972 32, there is no hatch. The tank is sort of under the cabin steps about dead center in the boat. Part of it is covered by a plywood platform under which the water pump, water heater, etc sit on, and the rest by the cabin floor which is one large piece of plywood (quite possibly the same piece of plywood that sticks through into the engine compartment and has the pump etc sitting on it.

I cut into my floor to make use of an area further forward near the head, so I could put a decent sized holding tank under there. So I sort of have a hatch now after I screwed that piece back down. You could do the same further back near the water tank but cutting into the floor without hitting the tank would take some careful work. I agree with the others, put a bladder tank elsewhere and leave your tile alone.

I've thought about adding a tank somewhere as the 50 gal is marginal, but never have gotten around to it.

One thing you might be able to do, is sneak a bladder in through the little hatch for the bilge pump which should be right outside the head. Then you'd use the same under floor space I used for my holding tank. There's about 3' from the bilge pump back to the water tank. But how to fill it under there? Would be a pain. And, if you put something there you'd need to secure it well, because there are through-hulls in that area just forward of where the tank would be. I locked my holding tank down well so it wouldn't shift and snap one of those off, when I hit a wave or something.

There's another unused area under the dinette, aft of the drawers. I think a tank would fit in there. If you take a drawer out you will see that. But of course that wouldn't be on centerline and might cause a list to starboard. You could also put one in the bow, unless that's where your holding tank is. I too have considered the area outboard of the engines, and further aft between the gas tanks. I guess one of these days I'll do one of the above.

Obviously all of the above assumes your 76 is laid out the same as my 72.

Post back if you do add a tank, I'll be interested in how it works out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pacemaker Boats Forum Index -> Plumbing All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: