Pacemaker Boats Forum Index Pacemaker Boats
Information exchange on Pacemaker/Aglas Boats

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2007 boating season ethanol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pacemaker Boats Forum Index -> Ethanol Fuel Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Have you had any issues regarding ethanol fuels this season?
yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
no
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
unsure
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
not yet - thank god!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
have not been in the water yet
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 4

merwin10
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: 2007 boating season ethanol Reply with quote

Ok! now that the boating season is starting let's see how many issues we have with the ethanol fuel storage! You remember just as the 2006 season was ending we all had misgivings about how this year would be! So let's see a show of hands of those of you that are having issues -

Mike - Wink
leokow

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I left overdue in the water over the winter with 2 temporary poly tanks and about 20 gals. in each and used the additive we were talking about last season,forgive the memory..just can't remember the name right now.
This weekend I'm going to draw about 2 or 3 gallons from each tank before the fuel separartors and see what I have ,I'll let you know then....Leo
The other boat is on the hard and has 5 tanks 2 metal and 3 poly all at various levels of fill, I'll get the results of that experiment in a couple of weeks. However I do think I'm going to regret leaving the 2 57 gal. aluminum tanks empty with only the e-zorb additive in them.. We shall soon see.....Leo
rebait

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leo,

I believe the product we were talking about and I used it was Startron. Like you said we shall soon see.

John
changeofpace
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Leo, I am going to pull some fuel out before the seperators and see waht it looks like. No one at my club has started their engines yet since the water isnt turned on. There are 5 boats going in the water on Sunday, so I'll know soon enough. I was trying to make it in Sunday, but the white stuff set me back, now it looks like later in the week for my launch
leokow

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's it ! John, startron , I used it in some of my tanks but then read the comparison report where it was tested side by side with E-Zorb and it failed to work as advertised as far as re constituting separated fuel, but the e -zorb did work and in the remaining tanks I used that. I also bought a couple of extra bottles of the stuff because it was getting hard to get and the price was going higher in a race with gas. According to the instructions you can add more of the e-zorb if the gas is cloudy untill it clears then it's ok to run with it. I'm pretty sure that Overdue the boat I'll try to run this weekend has the startron in it so I'll get to see what happened to that stuff first....good luck everybody....Leo
leokow

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry it took me so long to post my results from the weekend but I didn't get back to Philly till today (tues.). I worked on overdue this weekend, On this boat I had 2 24 gal poly tanks that were about 1/2 full of fuel before the winter and she stayed in the water all winter. I pumped about a gallon of fuel from each tank and it was perfect a little darker in color but no water and no separation, Then I pulled the separators again nothing but gas and a few specks of junk that the filter collected. I charged the batteries for a couple of hours and she runs just fine, I couldn't have asked for a better start up from the winter. Now I have to finish taking her apart and get over to Our Turn and she what happened on that boat. I hope everyone got thru this miserable winter in the same shape...Leo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pacemaker Boats Forum Index -> Ethanol Fuel Issues All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: